New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 49 of 163 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Hi tsikoteers,

Im planning to buy an diesel Innova M/T. Aside from the clogged fuel filters, from experience, what are the other possible failures? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreemanx View Post
    Hi tsikoteers,

Im planning to buy an diesel Innova M/T. Aside from the clogged fuel filters, from experience, what are the other possible failures? TIA.
    Denso Supply Pump.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Wala akong matandaan na may glow plugs ang tucson crdi engine.
    Sa old conventional diesel injection system with pre-combustion chambers ko lang ito nakikita dati. Kahit and isuzu direct injection makina ng highlander ay wala na ito.
    This might be true because the Sta Fe has. Its just located much lower and at the side.

The problem with 4JA1 is hard starting once compression deteriorates, higher compression=higher temperature of compressed air which facilitates combustion once fuel is sprayed. There are no GP to heat the air.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir xfreemanx. If you have a little bigger budget, try to look at the ford everest. I think its a better buy than the innova. Its very true that innovas aree hard to beat when it comes to practicality and of course budget. However, for those who experienced D4D woes..definitely they regret buying the innova. I own an innova J diesel variant. Got it last april. I got it because of limited budget. kung may bigger budget lang ako that time, naka everest ako now. I hope this input help you in your decision.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    in my opinion,,d4d has yet to prove its durability,if you would buy one,make sure you will dispose it after 3 yrs,vehicles today are not the same as before,they are not anymore that tough,they did it so the casa will make money,and its their marketing strategy,,compare the vehicles before and now,,those old vehicle will probably outlive todays vehicles..i bought a fortuner,but becuase of problems arising,,,i find it hard to maintain and sold and got myself an lc80 instead,,its slower and not so high tech but it will probably outlive the d4d powered fort..toyota cant even replace my fuel supply pump until now,,just becuase they are not the ones who change its oil regularly,,i told them it has nothing to do with their faulty supply pump,,but we had to accept it,,todays car are created with hidden defects so owners will frequent the casa.....so they can robbed the owners .

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quite a conspiracy theory you got there, but I always like conspiracy theories once in a while...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    tanong lang po sa mga naka experience na ng ganito. my innova is 5 yrs old, naka 85t na siya. for the past 10t kms i noticed hindi na siya kasing responsive compared to when it was still brand new. alam ko hindi ito hula hula lang kasi na fefeel ko talaga ayaw humataw at walang torque, hindi nga maka akyat ng parking lot kung walang bwelo, e dati kahit mag dead stop ako sa gitna ng paahon, kaya pa rin niyang umakyat. i brought it to toyota manila bay, pero for the past 2 checkups, wala daw silang mahanap, pinalitan na ang EGR(?) at air filter, pero ganun pa rin, accdng to their electronic diagnosis, ok daw, pero i know there is something wrong with it. i used to be able to reach 120kph no sweat, ngayon hirap na hirap mag 120kph, bakit kaya? ano kaya problem at saan ko pwedeng dalhin? thank you po.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Is your Innova manual or matic? If its not in the engine... it could be in the tranny... ang problem.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kuyapete View Post
    tanong lang po sa mga naka experience na ng ganito. my innova is 5 yrs old, naka 85t na siya. for the past 10t kms i noticed hindi na siya kasing responsive compared to when it was still brand new. alam ko hindi ito hula hula lang kasi na fefeel ko talaga ayaw humataw at walang torque, hindi nga maka akyat ng parking lot kung walang bwelo, e dati kahit mag dead stop ako sa gitna ng paahon, kaya pa rin niyang umakyat. i brought it to toyota manila bay, pero for the past 2 checkups, wala daw silang mahanap, pinalitan na ang EGR(?) at air filter, pero ganun pa rin, accdng to their electronic diagnosis, ok daw, pero i know there is something wrong with it. i used to be able to reach 120kph no sweat, ngayon hirap na hirap mag 120kph, bakit kaya? ano kaya problem at saan ko pwedeng dalhin? thank you po.
    I would assume the fuel filter is replaced regularly and so is not among the possible causes. Mikelsy might be correct that your transmission might be the cause. If M/T, the disc, pressure plates and release bearings might be up for replacement already. One Innova owner, meanwhile, who posted in this thread, or in the Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk thread, had the same issue of loosing engine power and it was later attributed to a botched exhaust system job.

try mong pakingan kung may squeking sound while trekking, pag meron ka nadinig baka po sa clutch na yan, nadulas na yung clutch. needs replacement...

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)