New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 47 of 163 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    maybe you have a heavy foot compare to your sis

or the engine mismo bro. it does matter.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    a fast car with a slow driving person would be obviously slower than a slower car with a faster driving person on board.

anyway, mas mabilis ang gasoline engines but diesel engines have higher torque. (parehas na displacement I assume with or without turbo both)

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    maybe you have a heavy foot compare to your sis

or the engine mismo bro. it does matter.
    hahaha could be... male drivers in nature do drive a little bit faster than feminine driver, as what others say...

:drive1:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    a fast car with a slow driving person would be obviously slower than a slower car with a faster driving person on board.

anyway, mas mabilis ang gasoline engines but diesel engines have higher torque. (parehas na displacement I assume with or without turbo both)
    id agree... i was just wondering though, if there is an instance that diesel is faster... as an example could also be that people does assume that Bus is faster than a car (which for me car is faster coz Bus has heavier load compared to the one being compared to)...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Diesel engines can maintain torque at a higher speed even if its loaded.
    Normal gas engines has lower torque making a fully loaded vehicle harder to sustain speed. Madalas ka mapapadownshift compared to diesels.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ---spotcash--- View Post
    Is diesel engine really faster than a gasoline or unleaded engine?
    coz it seemed like that's what I experienced... my sister and I was travelling to Calamba, Laguna to refreshen along the hotsprings, I was driving an Innova (diesel) and she was driving an Avanza (gas)... she informed that I was driving so fast, when I was only driving 100km/h, same as her speed; is there an apparent reason for that, or just happen that my Innova is a 2.5 d4d engine, while Avanza, im not sure with the displacement, though... and my Innova was loaded with 8 pax, with the other car she's holding 5 pax... hhmmm....
    I think this is more of a subjective observation. Your sis might not be used to driving at 100km/hr while this is your normal travelling speed. She might be trying to keep up with you and in the process, is driving faster than she normally does.

But if your talking about Power and/or Torque, then we can objectively say that the Innova has more power and torque than the avanza (if what your sister has is the 1.3L displacement engine).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ilan na mileage ng ride mo? am experiencing the same squeeking sound. Just brought my ride to toyota marikina and the sa advised me to change the clutch disc, pressure plate, release bearing and some rubber. They will need 3 days for that and it will costs me around 16k+. My ride is 4 years plus and my mileage is only 51k

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello fellow innova owners. Share ko un hard starting problem of my dad's innova J. He brought the innova sa casa but SA cannot find the problem. So dinala nalang sa auto electrician. The problem was every morning when you start the engine, click lang at hindi mag-start. Only after several tries at mag start. What the auto electrician did was replace the solenoid in the starter and simply cleaned it. It cost my dad 400 for the solenoid and 350 for the labor. The innova is working fine now.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dons23 View Post
    Hello fellow innova owners. Share ko un hard starting problem of my dad's innova J. He brought the innova sa casa but SA cannot find the problem. So dinala nalang sa auto electrician. The problem was every morning when you start the engine, click lang at hindi mag-start. Only after several tries at mag start. What the auto electrician did was replace the solenoid in the starter and simply cleaned it. It cost my dad 400 for the solenoid and 350 for the labor. The innova is working fine now.
    thats good that the problem on your (dad's) car was resolved

if anything like that happens, you may also want to check on the battery terminal as it may be loose...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi All, this is not about any D4D problem.
    I'm just curius, does Toyota Innova Dsl, HiAce/Grandia, and Fortuner G Dsl have the same Engine specs: (2KD-FTV) Direct Injection, 4-Cylinder In-Line, DOHC 16 Valve, Turbo Charger?

If yes so does it mean the Innova have an edge over the 2 since it has lightess body wieght but having the same power?

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)