New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 163 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Sir Dude,
    Ask ko lang po kasi possible EGR problem yung unit ko, anu po ba effect if the EGR is stock open and stock close. I read in the internet, one thing is rough idle. tnx
    Stuck open: Good idle, black smoke at high speed and load, low power

Stuck closed: Good idle, poor nox emissions, good power

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    So sir dude, on stuck open egr while on idling lang maaaring pangit ba ang idling ng car. and basically a good functioning EGR should open and close hindi nakastuck? tnx for the replies

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    So sir dude, on stuck open egr while on idling lang maaaring pangit ba ang idling ng car. EGR is normally open during idling, and idling should be ok.

and basically a good functioning EGR should open and close hindi nakastuck? EGR should close when the engine is loaded.

tnx for the replies You're welcome....

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    drive hard pero hindi redlining ha hehe, ibang damage aabutin diyan hehe.

driving hard, tanggal ang lahat ng carbon residue na na naiipon sa fuel pump and of course, machines (common rail) like that kind of running.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    im juz wondering about this:
    You got a D4D or diesel engine on your car; careless for the driver that he mistakenly placed an unleaded gasoline on the car; what is the possibility of any mechanical error of the car? what can the driver do? how to fix the problem?

hoping this wont happen to anyone of us here and the Gasoline boy would also be kind enough to notice the sticker on the fuel cover that your car has a diesel engine...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    +1 din Sarap ihataw D4D lalo na sa mga long straights, sarap pakinggan yung turbo whistle
    whizzzzz hehehehehe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ---spotcash--- View Post
    You got a D4D or diesel engine on your car; careless for the driver that he mistakenly placed an unleaded gasoline on the car; what is the possibility of any mechanical error of the car? what can the driver do? how to fix the problem?

hoping this wont happen to anyone of us here and the Gasoline boy would also be kind enough to notice the sticker on the fuel cover that your car has a diesel engine...
    nakupo, uubuhin ang makina. drain kaagad ng fuel tank niyan, it is the buyer's responsibility too na tingnan kung ano ang pinapakarga nila. di niyo napapansin, may color coding ang bawat fuel (yung hose)? Sa Caltex may Silver, Gold (both gas) and Green (diesel).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ---spotcash--- View Post

If the car has not been started, just drain the fuel tank completely.

But if the engine has already run, drain the whole system: tank, lines, filter, etc.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    tnx for the reply p_borj and dieseldude...

juz wondering about that incident and hoping that this wont happen to anyone of us here...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Is diesel engine really faster than a gasoline or unleaded engine?
    coz it seemed like that's what I experienced... my sister and I was travelling to Calamba, Laguna to refreshen along the hotsprings, I was driving an Innova (diesel) and she was driving an Avanza (gas)... she informed that I was driving so fast, when I was only driving 100km/h, same as her speed; is there an apparent reason for that, or just happen that my Innova is a 2.5 d4d engine, while Avanza, im not sure with the displacement, though... and my Innova was loaded with 8 pax, with the other car she's holding 5 pax... hhmmm....

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)