New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 45 of 163 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Regarding on black smoke, i read in this thread na possible solution is cleaning the EGR, I would like to know from those who had their innova undergone this procedure had any positive result and hindi na ba umulit ang problem. I consulted 2 dealer one advise me to have EGR cleaning and another dealer advise me to replace the exhaust manifold converter. hope you guys can help me. tnx.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Guys hope this helps, tingin ko hindi hit or miss ang D4D problems. I know D4D owners out there pero hindi nila nararanasan ang ganitong problems. Why? They don't baby their cars dahil hinahataw talaga nila and they drive it hard. Cleaner fuel pumps kapag hinahataw diba, makes sense.

Yung mga nagka-problem, most of them are easy-easy with their cars kesyo ayaw kasing iharurot dahil bago hehe. Engines like D4D's ay gustong hinahataw so drive it hard.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Regarding on black smoke, i read in this thread na possible solution is cleaning the EGR, I would like to know from those who had their innova undergone this procedure had any positive result and hindi na ba umulit ang problem. I consulted 2 dealer one advise me to have EGR cleaning and another dealer advise me to replace the exhaust manifold converter. hope you guys can help me. tnx.
    EGR cleaning may correct black smoke. Catalytic converter can sometimes be cleaned by hard driving.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    EGR cleaning may correct black smoke. Catalytic converter can sometimes be cleaned by hard driving.
    hard driving? meaning driving fast or something?

tnx...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    Sir Dieseldue,
    As I was explaining the problem in my innova I was expecting that the SA would first do some initial diagnose or scanning to my unit in order to find out the cause of the problem, but i was surprised when the SA just said that they will make the report and order the parts to be replace, they mention about exhaust system. Ganun na ba ngayon agad agad they will order the replacement parts wala ng test drive from them to see the problem?
    usually pag known problem ganyan na po talaga procedure nila, baka meron sila internal memo na parang "silent recall", bakit pa nila i-test drive kung marami na nag report?

yung ibang casa naman, gusto lang kumita, any warranty claims eh charged to Toyota PH

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ---spotcash--- View Post
    hard driving? meaning driving fast or something?

tnx...
    [SIZE=3]Yes[/SIZE][SIZE=3], you are correct. [/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [SIZE=3]Yes[/SIZE][SIZE=3], you are correct. [/SIZE]
    glad to do it on my car...

id prefer fast driving than slow driving to keep me away from being so drowsy...

I am just not that relatively sure if engine concept of motorcycle and cars are the same; as mc break-in (recommended) we are to drive it fast and drive hard for piston ring to be well placed as manufacturers drive it so hard in the casa when the mc was newly built...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    Guys hope this helps, tingin ko hindi hit or miss ang D4D problems. I know D4D owners out there pero hindi nila nararanasan ang ganitong problems. Why? They don't baby their cars dahil hinahataw talaga nila and they drive it hard. Cleaner fuel pumps kapag hinahataw diba, makes sense.

Yung mga nagka-problem, most of them are easy-easy with their cars kesyo ayaw kasing iharurot dahil bago hehe. Engines like D4D's ay gustong hinahataw so drive it hard.
    +1 hehehehe

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post

+1 din Sarap ihataw D4D lalo na sa mga long straights, sarap pakinggan yung turbo whistle

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Sir Dude,
    Ask ko lang po kasi possible EGR problem yung unit ko, anu po ba effect if the EGR is stock open and stock close. I read in the internet, one thing is rough idle. tnx

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)