New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 43 of 163 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    On the issue of diesel quality here.. i think it has nothing to do with it. wala kasi problema ibang car manufacturer.. Correct. But why do Denso systems have more problems that Bosch's.?

maybe because Bosch are 30 years ahead in making CRDi than Denso. nabasa ko lang sa wiki :D

Hyundai is using Bosch's?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i aksed a toyota sa for an official statement about this and he sent me an "explanation".

here are the power point slides that i received (not convincing at all). even i can create these powerpoint slides

http://audiezmanaog.multiply.com/pho...y_TMPI#photo=1

http://audiezmanaog.multiply.com/pho...y_TMPI#photo=2

http://audiezmanaog.multiply.com/pho...y_TMPI#photo=3

myth lang yun sa kanila while a lot of people are actually experiencing it first hand. they won't mention the worse problems such as engine chocking and innovas/fortuners stalling in the middle of the highway

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    what does D4D stand for?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    We also experienced this dreaded D4D problem in our Toyota Hi-Ace. Buti na lang the problem showed up before our trip to Legazpi city kaya meron pa time na magpalit ng sasakyan.

In our motorpool, we got 2 D4D Hi Ace and 1 D4D din na Innova. Yung sa Innova, nagpakita na ng signs ng black smoke emission. Yung recent encounter is the Hi-Ace. 3 years na yung hiace namin and it suddenly showed signs of erratic idling hanggang mamatay yung engine.

Tsk tsk I really hated toyota for this. the fact that they never saw it as a problem is indeed a big problem. If it is indeed a myth, hindi sana ganito kadami ang nagcocomplain about their units.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    maybe its a sign na their not good in making diesel engine. or denso is not experienced enough compared to bosch

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    From what I have seen, Denso seemingly has a design defect on the suction control valves of their first generation supply pumps. This has caused a lot of problems for engine manufacturers which use the same system.

I assume that it is for this reason that Denso has come up with a redesigned supply pump with an improved suction control valve.

I believe that local car distributors, with the aid of government should compel Denso to replace these problematic pumps with their upgraded pumps free of charge, and whether the vehicle is in or out of warranty. This is how consumer protection works in other countries.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    my 2005 Toyota Innova J D4D fuel system warning light just turned ON suddenly; its an indicator that has a drawing of a fuel pump with dots on the bottom; it is an indicator just beside the fuel gauge; sorry dont know what that sign is called; am I just going to follow what is seen in Page 282 of the manual - Draining fuel filter water? what are the causes of that sign-fuel system warning light?

juz a follow up: what does D4D stand for?

tnx a lot...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Denso - 4-stroke - Diesel ata.
    Last edited by Horsepower; November 12th, 2009 at 06:15 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    D4D Defective 4-stroke Diesel Pausot lang palagi ng Toyota poor diesel quality. Euro 2 or 3 lang ata complaint sila. Eh yong Actyon ni misis Euro 4 na pero di naman nagkakaproblema sa diesel quality samantala dapat more sensitive eto kesa D4D. Hayyyy galing ng Toyota umiwas sa recall

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    From what I have seen, Denso seemingly has a design defect on the suction control valves of their first generation supply pumps. This has caused a lot of problems for engine manufacturers which use the same system.

I assume that it is for this reason that Denso has come up with a redesigned supply pump with an improved suction control valve.

I believe that local car distributors, with the aid of government should compel Denso to replace these problematic pumps with their upgraded pumps free of charge, and whether the vehicle is in or out of warranty. This is how consumer protection works in other countries.
    Hi Dieseldude. I never had the time to call you up since I was one of the unfortunate victims of Ondoy. Our house and my service car, a toyota vios, got fully submerged. Fortunately enough, I, together with my wife and son, was not home when the flooding started and we were using the Innova.

Anyway, regarding the above: How did you came up with the information about the suction control valve? Do you know as to when Denso introduced the redesigned supply pump? Mine is an '07 model and would it have the original design or the redesigned one, if you will know?

If a significant number of these car owners with the original design pump would know what they have, they could probably band together and gain the support of the government. I don't believe the local distributors would have the courage to compel Denso to replace the earlier design based on your suggestion. It will be tantamount to admitting that they were selling "lemon" vehicles in the first place. Just my take on the issue.

I hope to be able to call you this afternoon. I don't want to disturb your lunch break. TIA.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)