New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 163 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    For those interested to know more about various diesel fuel injection systems, I have a sticky thread here in Tsikot. Go to .......

Tsikot Philippines 2009>
    At the parking lot>
    The workshop>
    Engine and fuel system talk>
    Diesel fuel injection help desk

Dieseldude

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    looks like mas superior talaga ang crdi systems ng mga koreans, it seems like theyre leading the way when it comes to diesel technology

you guys should watch out for the new crdi evgt-r engine of the santa fe, it develops 200hp from a 2.2L engine with 6 speed tranny

if crdi is to d4d/DiD, meron ba vgt or variable geometry turbo ang mga japanese diesels released locally?

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebug45 View Post
    if crdi is to d4d/DiD, meron ba vgt or variable geometry turbo ang mga japanese diesels released locally?
    Meroon na rin sa pagkakaalam ko, yung 3.0 D4D naka VGT na rin pero VNT lang tawag nila. Yung 2.5 ng Nissan Navara naka VGT na. Kahit Ford, yung 3.0 at 2.5 tdci engines nila naka VGT na rin. Hindi lang ako sure sa iba pero sigurado ako hindi lang ito yung mga naka VGT sa atin.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    looks like mas superior talaga ang crdi systems ng mga koreans, it seems like they're leading the way when it comes to diesel technology. This may be true for Hyundai. This company has long been in the diesel industry: huge diesel tankers, diesel engines for trucks, construction, mining, generators, and diesel cars of course.

you guys should watch out for the new crdi evgt-r engine of the santa fe, it develops 200hp from a 2.2L engine with 6 speed tranny. Wow...

if crdi is to d4d/DiD, meron ba vgt or variable geometry turbo ang mga japanese diesels released locally? I know that Nissan Patrol has vgt. I'm not sure about the other Japanese cars.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebug45 View Post
    looks like mas superior talaga ang crdi systems ng mga koreans, it seems like theyre leading the way when it comes to diesel technology

you guys should watch out for the new crdi evgt-r engine of the santa fe, it develops 200hp diesel from a 2.2L engine with 6 speed tranny ---mated to 180hp (see 2009 F'furt auto show) Hundai clean diesel.

Toyota D4D--VNT
    FORD, Navara--VGT
    Pinas Montero / Strada don't have.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Went to the casa to claim my innova, warranty replacement of clutch master, 36k odometer. While chatting with them, old news na ang choking problem, according to them.

I asked what about this clutch master, isolated daw. Anyway, it was replaced in a few days time. No big deal.
    Sir, how long have you been experiencing this squeaking sound on your clutch. Mine too is having this problem (innova J), did they still check the problem or immediately replaced the clutch master? My car is going to 3 year old this october 31, 2009 and i would like to have it check if it is still covered with their warranty. Your advise would be of great help to me as the warranty is getting nearer. Thanks Sir in advance. Sir Altec, you can email me at alyssa_05mygirl*yahoo.com.ph the complete details of this replacement if it is still covered with the warranty if you don't bother to help me with my problem.
    Last edited by innova2006; October 10th, 2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: include email address

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sir patulong naman po ung land cruiser k0 na old model kailangan pa po i semi start ung susian for 10 seconds bago istart ung key ano po kaya problem salamat po

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by magina View Post
    sir patulong naman po ung land cruiser k0 na old model kailangan pa po i semi start ung susian for 10 seconds bago istart ung key ano po kaya problem salamat po
    Ipost mo ang detailed information ng sasakyan mo dahil maraming models and Land Cruiser.

Hindi ko maintindihan ang sinasabi mong "semi start".

Baka mali ang glow plugs na nakakabit, or sira ang mga plugs.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Ipost mo ang detailed information ng sasakyan mo dahil maraming models and Land Cruiser.

Hindi ko maintindihan ang sinasabi mong "semi start".

Baka mali ang glow plugs na nakakabit, or sira ang mga plugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by magina View Post
    Most older cars with Diesel motors uses the ignition switch or keys to activate the heating system of the engine. Kung baga ay manual heating pa ang systema noon. my 2 cent

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thats electronic heater control. Operated by timer circuit and high current relay for the glow-plugs. Its hard to start old Diesels without pre-heating.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)