New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 163 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    pwede rin maki join yung mga taga club to support their move... kasi kahit yung vvti namin may gas tank leak issue before but they did not issue any recall or shoulder the expenses unless ma discover mo within the warranty period and if they will admit that indeed there is an gas tank leak issue... pag wala na sa warranty or they did not admit you have to shell out your hard earned money...
    " I REGRET BUYING TOYOTA D4D " this should be the sticker to be customised at the back of your Innova / Hilux.
    A friend of mine did it a few years way back because the dealership ignored his complaints about the steering fault on the compact SUV. He noticed the problem in less than 6 months of purchased.
    Mind you, it's very effective to owners who have had problems.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    MAF = Mass air flow: Sensor which measures air mass going into the engine.
    OBD = On Board Diagnostics: This is a diagnostic socket where the scan tool is plugged in to perform a scan.

Thank you very much

BTW, the check engine light are gone now (dunno why) even if in heavy traffic last night in Edsa until today no more check engine warning. Didn't do anything yesterday just the ussual start, yosi, painit makina then go...sobra conscious ako papunta Makati until going back pauwi greenhills...paranoid...always looking at my dashboard...pero nagtago na sya...(sana) Too early to say na tapos na until cguro my next PMS this end of the month & will have them thorough check-up esp on D4D concerns...But this is my first issue on my 3 yr old Innova-G A/T. One of the reason ko din kasi na nag skip ako nung major 40K check-up niya (monetary issue)...I only did the change-oil...baka cguro dapat palitan ko na fuel filter this time & the rest what is required in the manual for those major kilometer check-ups...

Cguro swertihan lng talaga din, even sa ibang manufacturer naman dami din prob...may mga success story & meron din mga sad stories (even sa mga bavarian/German/Euro cars)...esp here sa Pinas, medyo hindi na din ganun quality nung assembly (nasa abroad na yata lahat ng talagang magagaling )

Salamat ulit...will update again soon.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Share ko un repair ng innova ng dad ko. Casa called up my dad and told him that approved na ang appeal niya for the repair of the fuel supply. Dad brought it to casa and had it fixed. Casa replaced the fuel supply with a remanufactured fuel supply. It looks new though. Your dad is lucky.

On the issue of diesel quality here.. i think it has nothing to do with it. wala kasi problema ibang car manufacturer.. Correct. But why do Denso systems have more problems that Bosch's.?

it is also true that D4D problems occured in europe especially in the UK. What was the cause of the problem? How did Bosch, Delphi, and Siemens common rail systems perform when compared to Denso's?

Try to check their comments in UK..its like they have a remedy but am not so sure about it. They have this "chip tuning" with their ECU. Am currently researching more about this.
    Chip tuning may improve performance. But this is not an original Toyota product.... This is an add-on produce, an additional expense to the customer, and could result in a possible warranty rejection by Toyota.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    BTW, the check engine light are gone now (dunno why) even if in heavy traffic last night in Edsa until today no more check engine warning. Didn't do anything yesterday just the ussual start, yosi, painit makina then go...sobra conscious ako papunta Makati until going back pauwi greenhills...paranoid...always looking at my dashboard..You have an intermittent fault/s, which is inactive right now. Definitely, it will happen again.

pero nagtago na sya...(sana) Too early to say na tapos na until cguro my next PMS this end of the month & will have them thorough check-up esp on D4D concerns... On your next PMS, tell them to perform a scan. Fault/s, active or inactive, are stored in the ECU until deleted. You will know what was causing your CEL to turn on, and corrective action can be done.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good am Sir DIeseldude

Thanks for attending and being patient with us,your crew, and to Ramon.

Shes up and running again, so far so good...
    God Bless

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Mr. dieseldude, on why denso's have more problem..dont really have any idea...maybe denso's design is faulty. Your guess is as good as mine.

BTW, on OBD, can you ask casa for a print out of the results of the scan when having the pms ? This way, we can check out whats going on inside our D4D engines ???

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mr. dieseldude, on why denso's have more problem..dont really have any idea...maybe denso's design is faulty. Your guess is as good as mine.

BTW, on OBD, can you ask casa for a print out of the results of the scan when having the pms ? This way, we can check out whats going on inside our D4D engines ??? That's correct. You can either ask them to allow you to witness the scan, or you can also ask for a printout.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Good am Sir DIeseldude

Thanks for attending and being patient with us, your crew, and to Ramon. You're welcome.

Shes up and running again, so far so good... God Bless
    I'm happy for you.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir dieseldude would the choking problems of the innova and other toyota D4D engines have something to do with their lower horsepower rating? campared to a similarly sized hyundai engine that has way more power.

even though i know that the CRDi systems work differently to the older mechanical injection pump and injection systems. i have noticed something with my 01 TCI starex.

what im trying to say is that i basically max out the RPMs on my ride.almost always i reach 3500rpm, just speeding up the road or in some cases chasing CRDI starex,sometimes 3500rpm on 3rd gear..

this just made me wonder because i have seen a newer model starex sa slex doing about 80 kmph and belching black smoke.it made me wonder lang why my ride wasnt belching smoke like that..

which brings me back to my question. would revving your CRDi innova help with the choking problems? or is it a basic injection pump problems with the Denso pumps compared to the Bosch systems?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir dieseldude would the choking problems of the innova and other toyota D4D engines have something to do with their lower horsepower rating? campared to a similarly sized hyundai engine that has way more power.
    No.

even though i know that the CRDi systems work differently to the older mechanical injection pump and injection systems. i have noticed something with my 01 TCI starex. TCI uses an electronically controlled injection pump, which is a predecessor to the present common rail system.

what im trying to say is that i basically max out the RPMs on my ride.almost always i reach 3500rpm, just speeding up the road or in some cases chasing CRDI starex, sometimes 3500rpm on 3rd gear.. It is possible that 3500 rpm is the maximum set speed of your engine as dictated by the engine ECU. When your engine reaches this rpm, the ECU automatically diminishes fuelling in order to limit your engine rpm. This maximum setting is programmed into the ECU to protect your engine from over revving.

this just made me wonder because i have seen a newer model starex sa slex doing about 80 kmph and belching black smoke. it made me wonder lang why my ride wasnt belching smoke like that.. It just means that the newer Starex is not in good shape, and your vehicle is fine.

which brings me back to my question. would revving your CRDi innova help with the choking problems? No. Revving up the Innova won't cure the problem. Supply pump has to be repaired / replaced.

or is it a basic injection pump problems with the Denso pumps compared to the Bosch systems? From my experience, the present Denso CRDI pumps are more prone to problems than the Bosch pumps.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)