New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 163 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Try cleaning the MAF sensor first using contact cleaner or have it cleaned at the dealer when you do PMS.

Ask also for an OBD scan so they can easily point out the fault on your Check engine Light problem.
    Thanks for your immediate response! Not familiar with all terminologies/acro (MAF & OBD) sorry ...might do it on casa na lng...

But basically, one of my major concern probably if this will cause me an immediate hassle like engine shut down in the middle of EDSA (mahal ma-tow dun)...or this can wait for a few days (busy days)...find it major, major kasi if the check engine light on...Thanks again...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir, reznor and brellrain and other owners of diesel innovas experiencing the same problem. I might be able to help cut cost and time(down time). PM you in a while.

Last edited by 4JGtootsie; September 23rd, 2009 at 05:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    next week my new innova j will be delivered and probably its 2010 model...but my question is na fix na kaya nila ang mga problemang ito? may naka pagsabi na kasi na ok na ito...any members here with the latest model...please enlighten me...coz i trust all the members here...thanks.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reznor View Post
    [Innova-G a/t sakin] - Just got the same issue right now "Check engine light on" pag nag idle ako sa stop light then after ko restart, wala na ulit...pag idle ulit, ilaw na naman sya. It runs already at approx 46k+ as of today & sked na rin for kilometer check-up this end of the month (sana). For more than 3yrs, wala ako naging problem sa kanya until this issue came-up, but (yet) no problems or pagbabago sa ride niya even naka ilaw yung check engine (today ko lng napansin 'to from Makati to Ortigas).

Haba na nung thread, di ko na mabasa lahat...hopefully if someone can give me some inputs regarding this that would be much of help. Bullets of all the possibilities/causes/problems will do.

TIA
    "Check engine light" basically means that the engine has a fault. You need to have your vehicle scanned so that you don't run into any unexpected problems while you're on the road. The scan will pinpoint the fault/s.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for your immediate response! Not familiar with all terminologies/acro (MAF & OBD) sorry ...might do it on casa na lng...
    MAF = Mass air flow: Sensor which measures air mass going into the engine.
    OBD = On Board Diagnostics: This is a diagnostic socket where the scan tool is plugged in to perform a scan.

But basically, one of my major concern probably if this will cause me an immediate hassle like engine shut down in the middle of EDSA (mahal ma-tow dun)...or this can wait for a few days (busy days)...find it major, major kasi if the check engine light on...Thanks again... Have your vehicle scanned either by Toyota or any workshop which has the capability to do a scan. Most good workshops also have the hardware and software to perform a thorough scan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tukelle View Post
    next week my new innova j will be delivered and probably its 2010 model...but my question is na fix na kaya nila ang mga problemang ito? may naka pagsabi na kasi na ok na ito...any members here with the latest model...please enlighten me...coz i trust all the members here...thanks.
    I suggest that you ask Toyota pointblank if improvements have been made on their supply pump as this seems to be the persistent problem. Ask them too for any major changes/improvements between the older models and the 2010 release.

Then post this info please?????

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Share ko un repair ng innova ng dad ko. Casa called up my dad and told him that approved na ang appeal niya for the repair of the fuel supply. Dad brought it to casa and had it fixed. Casa replaced the fuel supply with a remanufactured fuel supply. It looks new though. On the issue of diesel quality here.. i think it has nothing to do with it. wala kasi problema ibang car manufacturer..it is also true that D4D problems occured in europe especially in the UK. Try to check their comments in UK..its like they have a remedy but am not so sure about it. They have this "chip tuning" with their ECU. Am currently researching more about this.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tukelle View Post
    I think hindi pa resolved kasi... they will tell you na ther's no such thing or resolved na just to have a sale... after that sorry na lang kung nagkataon na makakuha ka ng defective... kung resolved na TMPI must first admit that there is indeed problem with D4D... if so they must issue a recall.. habang wala pang ganyang pangyayare hindi pa resolved ang issue...

Maganda siguro if all people with D4D problem go to 1 Toyota dealer at the same time to have their car serviced... para malaman na may problem talaga yung mga D4D nila... then make it like a fun run with banner and stickers or whatever... sympre mag papark kayo sa may toyota mismo mapapansin ng mga bibili yung problem... so that 1 particular dealer can feel the impact.
    Last edited by 1997; September 24th, 2009 at 10:30 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    I think hindi pa resolved kasi... they will tell you na ther's no such thing or resolved na just to have a sale... after that sorry na lang kung nagkataon na makakuha ka ng defective... kung resolved na TMPI must first admit that there is indeed problem with D4D... if so they must issue a recall.. habang wala pang ganyang pangyayare hindi pa resolved ang issue...

Maganda siguro if all people with D4D problem go to 1 Toyota dealer at the same time to have their car serviced... para malaman na may problem talaga yung mga D4D nila... then make it like a fun run with banner and stickers or whatever... sympre mag papark kayo sa may toyota mismo mapapansin ng mga bibili yung problem... so that 1 particular dealer can feel the impact.
    i agree with this. . .why not do this on a saturday? bukas rin naman ang planta and casas ng sabado. . .collective power should be used on this if toyota will continue to act as if nothing is wrong with their d4d. . .this will get them to act appropriately

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    i agree with this. . .why not do this on a saturday? bukas rin naman ang planta and casas ng sabado. . .collective power should be used on this if toyota will continue to act as if nothing is wrong with their d4d. . .this will get them to act appropriately
    pwede rin maki join yung mga taga club to support their move... kasi kahit yung vvti namin may gas tank leak issue before but they did not issue any recall or shoulder the expenses unless ma discover mo within the warranty period and if they will admit that indeed there is an gas tank leak issue... pag wala na sa warranty or they did not admit you have to shell out your hard earned money...

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)