New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 163 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    It is possible that our diesel fuel quality may be inferior to those of other countries. However, I believe that all car manufacturers should have checked our diesel quality, then performed the necessary improvements/modifications before selling their cars here.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    It is possible that our diesel fuel quality may be inferior to those of other countries. However, I believe that all car manufacturers should have checked our diesel quality, then performed the necessary improvements/modifications before selling their cars here.
    Diesel fuel in RP still on Low Sulphur Diesel quality but I doubt? The big 3 website never mention this?
    Based on this forum, the worst affected are the D4Dead then few on the Mitsus & what about D-max, Navs, Ranger & Mazda?
    This is the main reason HONDA iDTEC is not introduced here.
    Toyota is very much aware on QUALITY issues only at the US & Euro countries where there are consumer protection.
    Pinoy consumers still believe on Toyota's reliablity name.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by truckesh View Post
    Diesel fuel in RP still on Low Sulphur Diesel quality but I doubt? The big 3 website never mention this?
    Based on this forum, the worst affected are the D4Dead then few on the Mitsus & what about D-max, Navs, Ranger & Mazda?
    This is the main reason HONDA iDTEC is not introduced here.
    Toyota is very much aware on QUALITY issues only at the US & Euro countries where there are consumer protection.
    Pinoy consumers still believe on Toyota's reliablity name.
    Well, I believe that consumer protection should be fairly and equally extended to all customers irregardless of country.

I hope DTI is is aware of this problem, and is working to protect the filipino consumer.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    my alternator's pulley was replaced during my 35,000 km pms. it started to squeek intermittently when it was only at 25,000km. engine is diesel w/ a/t

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebug45 View Post

correct me if im wrong guys as i know germans developed and perfected the crdi technology at inadapt na lang ng mga japanese, for example po hyundai uses bosch crdi systems and toyota uses denso crdi systems, alam naman po naten kung anu-anong car makers ang gumagamit ng bosch...

when it comes to diesel technology class leading ang mga bosch crdi systems
    actually it was Fiat - the Italians who Invented the Common Rail diesel injection system. but yes, the German Bosch injection system (injector + pump) does seem better than the Denso's with Philippine diesel...

BTW, sa Europe ba may ganitong problema din ang toyota sa kanilang D4-D?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yup, meron din D-4D problem sa Europe. There are a bunch of links some pages back.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Since malinis naman ang diesel nila. I think the cause is probably the faulty design of engine components, and not the diesel quality.
    Toyota is just pointing on the diesel quality, para iwas sila sa problema.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebug45 View Post

correct me if im wrong guys as i know germans developed and perfected the crdi technology at inadapt na lang ng mga japanese, for example po hyundai uses bosch crdi systems and toyota uses denso crdi systems, alam naman po naten kung anu-anong car makers ang gumagamit ng bosch...

when it comes to diesel technology class leading ang mga bosch crdi systems
    actually it was Fiat - the Italians who Invented the Common Rail diesel injection system. but yes, the German Bosch injection system (injector + pump) does seem better than the Denso's with Philippine diesel...

BTW, sa Europe ba may ganitong problema din ang toyota sa kanilang D4-D?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by brellrain View Post
    Also, lumalabas din yung Check engine sa dashboard.. Even though the car feels normal to drive..
    [Innova-G a/t sakin] - Just got the same issue right now "Check engine light on" pag nag idle ako sa stop light then after ko restart, wala na ulit...pag idle ulit, ilaw na naman sya. It runs already at approx 46k+ as of today & sked na rin for kilometer check-up this end of the month (sana). For more than 3yrs, wala ako naging problem sa kanya until this issue came-up, but (yet) no problems or pagbabago sa ride niya even naka ilaw yung check engine (today ko lng napansin 'to from Makati to Ortigas).

Haba na nung thread, di ko na mabasa lahat...hopefully if someone can give me some inputs regarding this that would be much of help. Bullets of all the possibilities/causes/problems will do.

TIA

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reznor View Post
    [Innova-G a/t sakin] - Just got the same issue right now "Check engine light on" pag nag idle ako sa stop light then after ko restart, wala na ulit...pag idle ulit, ilaw na naman sya. It runs already at approx 46k+ as of today & sked na rin for kilometer check-up this end of the month (sana). For more than 3yrs, wala ako naging problem sa kanya until this issue came-up, but (yet) no problems or pagbabago sa ride niya even naka ilaw yung check engine (today ko lng napansin 'to from Makati to Ortigas).

Haba na nung thread, di ko na mabasa lahat...hopefully if someone can give me some inputs regarding this that would be much of help. Bullets of all the possibilities/causes/problems will do.

TIA
    Try cleaning the MAF sensor first using contact cleaner or have it cleaned at the dealer when you do PMS.

Ask also for an OBD scan so they can easily point out the fault on your Check engine Light problem.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)