New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 163 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    concerning the d4d problem on my case toyota is trying to help us since our unit is just 40,000km ,but the problem is the warranty,it has past the 3 year warranty,..and it looks as if they wont change our supply pump,which is the main culprit on the problematic d4d,now the problem here is,they all knew that the vehicle they are selling has a problem with the supply pump, and a consumer will only be lucky to avail if the vehicle is being serviced by toyota and has not past the 3 year warranty coz it is the only reason they will change our faulty supply pump,isnt it unfair if yuor using your vehicle for around 3-4 years and has a very low mileage and it has past the warranty of 3 years,they wont change it for free,imagine a vehicle designed to fail anytime..the faulty supply pump when it fails it will endagner the life of the driver and its passenger,specially overtaking and your on full throtle to achieved the maximum speed,then on the opposite lane a vehicle is comming your way and you have the confidence you can pul it through,then all of a sudden...puff,,,your faulty supply pump cuts out fuelling,then your out of power left in the middle of the road heading on a vehicle on the opposite lane...theres no power to evade ,can you imagine the horror? imagine the same scenario going uphill..,, if accident happen,,toyota wont be blamed and no one will ever knew you died becuase of toyotas faulty fuel supply pump...
    The coroner's findings: death due to a faulty supply pump

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    The coroner's findings: death due to a faulty supply pump
    Dieseldude,

Seems amusing but this is actually quite worrying. I posted a thread in the Diesel Fuel Injection thread and asked you what sort of danger this D4D engine issue poses to us owners when driving. Will it be something serious for us to consider selling our rides?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Dieseldude,

Seems amusing but this is actually quite worrying. I posted a thread in the Diesel Fuel Injection thread and asked you what sort of danger this D4D engine issue poses to us owners when driving. Will it be something serious for us to consider selling our rides?
    This is a public forum. So I purposely didn't answer your question in respect for Toyota.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My '05 innova G a/t, once my favorite workhorse amongst my stable, is still running perfectly at 64k Kms. I guess you have to be masipag in bringing your car to the casa regularly for checkup. Parang kabayo din yan. Konting pananamlay e dapat ng patingnan agad.

IMHO, problems with our cars don't just build up overnight... baka kase naramdaman na ng mga drivers nyo yan dati tapos di naman nasabi sa inyo po. Ako po I always tell my drivers to report the problem to me right away no matter how small it is because my family's life depends on it. if it's something serious, they need not ask my permission anymore. Dinadala na nila sa casa kaagad.

OT: D4Ds are tough! I still have my Innova and Fortuner... sold my hilux (one tough cookie!) and replaced it with a Navara...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good pm mga tiskoteers! I have a Toyota Innova Diesel E, 2005 model,50,000 km odo, I experienced hard starting so dinala ko sa Toyota para ma service, Supply pump ang problema at dapat palita, now my question is, How much does it cost and where would I find a store who sells Genuine supply pump?...Thanks

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    This is a public forum. So I purposely didn't answer your question in respect for Toyota.
    Dieseldude,

Thanks for being honest and I understand your position. Please note I am not picking a fight or something. I am just a concerned car owner. I see your opinions and suggestions on questions raised to you as objective and fair. Please PM me your contact details so I can call you and discuss on a more personal level and on business level, as a potential service provider. I apologize if I put you in a compromising situation by asking that question. It was not my intention.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Dieseldude,

Thanks for being honest and I understand your position. Please note I am not picking a fight or something. I am just a concerned car owner. I see your opinions and suggestions on questions raised to you as objective and fair. Please PM me your contact details so I can call you and discuss on a more personal level and on business level, as a potential service provider. I apologize if I put you in a compromising situation by asking that question. It was not my intention.
    This is no problem. And I do understand your concern as I often hear this from other customers as well.

I will PM you.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hello po,
    My innova 07 Matic with only 24km. Ask ko lang po, normal po ba ung 7-8km/liter city driving and less than 2000rpm. di naman po ako kaskasero. if not normal what po dapat gawin.... Thanks.

miths86

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miths86 View Post
    Hello po,
    My innova 07 Matic with only 24km. Ask ko lang po, normal po ba ung 7-8km/liter city driving and less than 2000rpm. di naman po ako kaskasero. if not normal what po dapat gawin.... Thanks.

miths86
    D4D Diesel? In my opinion, this seems to be on the high side. But ask your Toyota SA is this is normal. They will be in the best position to answer your question.

Check your air filter.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    * Dieseldude, Thanks for the info...More power to you

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)