New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 163 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by technismo View Post
    madalas sa d4d yung black smoke.. possible yung EGR yan need linisin
    same case ba tayo black smoke, after they cleaned your EGR nawala na ba usok?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    same case ba tayo black smoke, after they cleaned your EGR nawala na ba usok?

kasi yung EGR nag kakaroon ng bara.. puro carbon deposits ang naiipon. ang nangyayari hindi nagopen yung papunta sa intake manifold.. sa mga dealer ang ginagawa dyan palit EGR. pero pwedeng linisin muna..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    i thought that toyota already fixed this problem on their d4d engines???????
    Ive seen some produces black smoke during acceleration even in new model.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i think its not anymore the diesel fuel that cause the choking problem of d4d/s engine but the engine design itself. If you are going to sum up all the owners of d4d's most them will tell this problem. I hate to say this but the d4d is the reincarnation of 4jx1 of trooper.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by technismo View Post
    kasi yung EGR nag kakaroon ng bara.. puro carbon deposits ang naiipon. ang nangyayari hindi nagopen yung papunta sa intake manifold.. sa mga dealer ang ginagawa dyan palit EGR. pero pwedeng linisin muna..
    At first i thought dahil lang sa maduming air filter that causes black smoke kaya pinahanginan ko para matangal ang dumi pero after i road test it hindi nawala ang usok. I'm having my 20k PMS next week kaya isasabay ko na din patingnan yung usok na lumalabas, sana nga yun lang ang problem, anyway nainquire ko na din sa casa yung problem ko at sabi nila kung EGR lang daw e madali gawin yun.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckieholic View Post
    Yup I thought about that too. Why take the risk on an expensive purchase nga naman. I'm also considering an X-Trail as another choice to the Hilux. Isip ko lang gas-fed sya, baka sobrang gastos. But with the gas consumption aside I heard the X-Trail is a very reliable car. I haven't heard any major complaints about it too.
    Sir Chuckie, baligtad naman ang case natin. I'm looking at the Fortuner 2.5 D4D but I'm wary of the known diesel engine issues. The X-Trail 2.0 is a pretty solid car and I've had no problems with it in the almost three years that I've driven it. Its fuel consumption is the best among all small gas-fed SUVs. I usually get 10km/l on combined city-highway driving. Better wait for the new model though. I've heard unconfirmed reports that NMPI is bringing in the new model 2010 Q1, supposedly including the diesel model.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbert142 View Post
    Sir Chuckie, baligtad naman ang case natin. I'm looking at the Fortuner 2.5 D4D but I'm wary of the known diesel engine issues. The X-Trail 2.0 is a pretty solid car and I've had no problems with it in the almost three years that I've driven it. Its fuel consumption is the best among all small gas-fed SUVs. I usually get 10km/l on combined city-highway driving. Better wait for the new model though. I've heard unconfirmed reports that NMPI is bringing in the new model 2010 Q1, supposedly including the diesel model.
    sir what can you say about the new CRV 2.0 M/t, ok ba yun performance nito comprae sa xtrail. ayoko din ng sakit ng ulo

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    kami never pa nagkaproblem sa hilux namin na 2.5 hopefully wala sana

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Our family business has maybe a dozen innovas. My service unit experienced choking problems during the warranty period, pero di lumabas ang sakit nung pinasok ko. It came back post warranty (2005 unit), reset ECU lang ok na. Now, the service unit of my cousin, 2005 unit, is experiencing the choking problem. Idling wont hold, namamatay. Change filter, reset ECU. Ganun pa rin. Now, the request by casa is to replace the supply pump, estimated amount 60K, at wala pang stock! Mileage is at 43K. Dito kasi sa akin dumadating ang mga repair request ng company vehicles namin.
    The casa offered to replace the fuel pump at 50% discount. OK na lang, its out of warranty na kasi.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ~buti na lang ung innova d4d namin no problem pa naman until now....mausok lang sya pag hindi nagagamit....after that nawawala naman agad...

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)