New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 163 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The problem with this defect is that it's really unpredictable. Meron nagmanifest early on (2K-10K), meron naman late na (60K Kms IIRC).

Meron reported choking units as new as last year (2008) here. Of course, this thread does not take into account non-tsikot members who got plagued by the same problem.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Sige, try ko. Will drain my tank first para konti lang matirang Caltex.

Napansin ko din, hindi constant yung engine note, parang ganito. rrrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrrRRRRrrrrrrr
    Small r's represent lower noise, big R's higher noise. May problema na kaya ang engine ko? I see most Fortuner G's on the same 2.5 engine and the engine note sounds much more refined.
    It's possibly a defect. Contact your dealer for warranty ASAP.

It's easy to deduce that when things aren't normal, something is wrong.
    Last edited by Horsepower; July 24th, 2009 at 12:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The problem with this defect is that it's really unpredictable. Meron nagmanifest early on (2K-10K), meron naman late na (60K Kms IIRC).

Meron reported choking units as new as last year (2008) here. Of course, this thread does not take into account non-tsikot members who got plagued by the same problem.
    i agree. and the worst part is pag nagkataon lumabas ang defect nag-lapse na ang warranty period mo

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dons23 View Post
    Sir Chuckieholic, try to get 2006 model. Balita raw safer ang mga 2006 and above na unit. Although this is not really full-proof that the unit will be a perfect one. Check also with the seller for the following : ok pa ang warranty ; fuel supply pump ( since this is always the culprit sa choking and hard-starting) ; compressor ng aircon. Hope this help.

Salamat, mid-2006 or newer nga ang hinahanap ko ngayon. Sana hindi ako malasin sa makukuha ko.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    hey tsikoters may ganitong problem kaya sa V8 ng Land Cruiser LC 200 I was planning to buy next month...please inform me kung may alam kaung problem sa V8 D4D ng land cruiser

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dons23 View Post
    Sir Chuckieholic, try to get 2006 model. Balita raw safer ang mga 2006 and above na unit. Although this is not really full-proof that the unit will be a perfect one. Check also with the seller for the following : ok pa ang warranty ; fuel supply pump ( since this is always the culprit sa choking and hard-starting) ; compressor ng aircon. Hope this help.
    Why take the risk knowing that that d4d have a problem. especially when the warranty will expire within 3 years. Whats wrong with us in the Philippines there is no consumers protection. What toyota should do is to recall units and fix the problems but not wait the warranty expired and you have to shoulder the cost of repair.
    This happen to my innova diesel, when the warranty exceeded one month, it found out my injectors have a problem ,up to this time there is no phone call from them to fix it. What if this happen to other brand like Kia or HYundai, we might say because it is korean made kaya ganyan. So what is something special to Toyota because of its brand but can we trust them?

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir Wiper, I totally agree with you and I think theres nothing we consumers can do about it. Toyota is a big company and our govt should be the one to give us the needed protection but it doesnt. Unlike in the America, takot mga big companies sa consumer protection law. By the way, theres a policy with dealers that I think we tsikoters should ponder on.. this is their policy on restricting owners from looking on their vehicles when its being fixed or under going maintenance. Am not sure if its ALL casa have this policy. However, I find this very disturbing. Sometimes you wonder if the casa really fix or do the job correctly since we are not allowed to be in the work area.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I didn't realize na mayroon pa rin ganitong problema ang D4D kahit na sa mga later models....

8303:dishwash:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    Why take the risk knowing that that d4d have a problem. especially when the warranty will expire within 3 years. Whats wrong with us in the Philippines there is no consumers protection. What toyota should do is to recall units and fix the problems but not wait the warranty expired and you have to shoulder the cost of repair.
    This happen to my innova diesel, when the warranty exceeded one month, it found out my injectors have a problem ,up to this time there is no phone call from them to fix it. What if this happen to other brand like Kia or HYundai, we might say because it is korean made kaya ganyan. So what is something special to Toyota because of its brand but can we trust them?

Yup I thought about that too. Why take the risk on an expensive purchase nga naman. I'm also considering an X-Trail as another choice to the Hilux. Isip ko lang gas-fed sya, baka sobrang gastos. But with the gas consumption aside I heard the X-Trail is a very reliable car. I haven't heard any major complaints about it too.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks Horsepower. My unit hasn't choked pa naman. It's just the gargling noise that the engine makes that I can't get used to. Isuzu engines are more noisy but they seem to have a more consistent engine note. Has anyone tried Seaoil's new euro5? compliant diesel? Any improvement on your d4d innovas?

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)