New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 163 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by C24 View Post
    the engine supports of my d4d a/t were replaced because every time the engine is started, there's a clunk/thud coming from them. it seems they're too soft such that there's metal-to-metal contact. but after a day or two, the sound came back. sent it back to toyota ortigas but the diagnosis was "talagang ganya po and design". i checked a friend's innova and hilux but they start without a thud, have you experienced this in your innova?

over the past month, there's a squeek coming from the turbo area. this appears after driving a few kilometers. but strangely when the engine is switched off and started again it disappears. hopefully there's nothing wrong with the turbocharger. the sound doesn't come from the serpentine belt nor the a/c compressor. has anyone exprerienced this?

my mileage is 29,600km, 2 yrs old.

tia
    With regards to the thud sound you get when you start you car - How old is your battery? This also happened to our Hi Ace. I just replaced the battery and the sound disappeared. Toyota Makati also told me the same thing-"talagang design lang yan" . The vibration get stronger as your battery gets weaker. Lucky you got your supports change pa, with our hi ace they just tightened the supports but the sound still there until I changed the battery. Also toyota only installed 2sn battery on the hi ace - I put in a 3 sn for better starts

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    update on my battery. I replaced my battery with n70/3smf MF battery instead of the original sized n50/2smf. It will fit in the space, the bracket can be returned, it will just protrude out of the base plate. I find it better, with stronger starts.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hi guys. i'm just new in this group and planning to place an order for an innova g 2.5 dsl within the next two weeks. however, i'm now having second thoughts kung itutuloy ko o hindi because of the issues highlighted here. just wondering though kung bakit it seems na sa innova mostly focused itong d4d problem na ito whereas, ang dami rin nmang hilux pick ups at hi-ace vans with exactly the same engine on the road and yet parang walang reviews or complaints similar to this or kung ganito din ang karamihan sa kanila. at kung meron man e very minimal. furthermore, kahit mga government agencies and private agencies like the NLEX, SCTEX, & SLEX operators na may 2.5L d4d hilux. i even heard that PNP has ordered 600 units few months back. so kung sa engine talaga ang issue, it appears shielded sila sa ganitong problema?
    one reason that convinced me to get the innova is a very close family friend. 2008 model yung kanya and it has over 30k mileage pero not a single issue and he's getting 15-16km/ltr mixed city & hi-way driving. he even floors the pedal once in a while at 180kph!
    for sure i won't get close to that FC if I choose a gas variant. any idea what's the best FC for the 2.0L gas?
    so should i go for the innova dsl or settle for something else (other brand)? nakakatakot at nakakadisappoint yung trend e.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    up ko lang mga peeps. tia.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    + 1 ako sa kay freespin

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by winn1971 View Post
    hi guys. i'm just new in this group and planning to place an order for an innova g 2.5 dsl within the next two weeks. however, i'm now having second thoughts kung itutuloy ko o hindi because of the issues highlighted here. just wondering though kung bakit it seems na sa innova mostly focused itong d4d problem na ito whereas, ang dami rin nmang hilux pick ups at hi-ace vans with exactly the same engine on the road and yet parang walang reviews or complaints similar to this or kung ganito din ang karamihan sa kanila. at kung meron man e very minimal. furthermore, kahit mga government agencies and private agencies like the NLEX, SCTEX, & SLEX operators na may 2.5L d4d hilux. i even heard that PNP has ordered 600 units few months back. so kung sa engine talaga ang issue, it appears shielded sila sa ganitong problema?
    one reason that convinced me to get the innova is a very close family friend. 2008 model yung kanya and it has over 30k mileage pero not a single issue and he's getting 15-16km/ltr mixed city & hi-way driving. he even floors the pedal once in a while at 180kph!
    for sure i won't get close to that FC if I choose a gas variant. any idea what's the best FC for the 2.0L gas?
    so should i go for the innova dsl or settle for something else (other brand)? nakakatakot at nakakadisappoint yung trend e.
    bumili ako innova 2.5E a/t from toyota quezon ave, last 24june, ang mileage nya ngayon ay 1400kms. na, na-1k PMS na rin at ang recorded FC sa mixed ay 12.62km/L. so far happy kami ng family, kasi seats 7 comfortable at mas mura kesa suv. nagde-drain lang ako every fulltank sa fuel filter para iwas sa tubig, yan kasi kahinaan ng injector, kahit na conventional diesel engine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    hi guys,

just want to ask if any one from you encountered the choking problem again after it was fixed...have an innova j d4d '05 and the choking problem showed around 20k odo reading, casa replaced the fuel supply pump (or maybe the whole fuel supply system, cant remember exactly) still under warranty after that no more problems anymore now its running 70K odo...just wondring kung meron na naka experience sa inyo na bumalik yung problem? thanks in advance!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    No problems with my Innova G D4d except medyo naiingayan ako (clackety) and medyo mausok at 2,500 rpm or higher. People here say maybe its the diesel from Caltex. Pag naubos na yung tank ko I plan to try Petron if it's any better.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbjr View Post
    hi guys,

just want to ask if any one from you encountered the choking problem again after it was fixed...have an innova j d4d '05 and the choking problem showed around 20k odo reading, casa replaced the fuel supply pump (or maybe the whole fuel supply system, cant remember exactly) still under warranty after that no more problems anymore now its running 70K odo...just wondring kung meron na naka experience sa inyo na bumalik yung problem? thanks in advance!
    mine is 05 model D4d matic - Toyota Mkna replaced fuel filter and cleaned the whole fuel tank last service during 60k maintenance. after a few months - choking and hardstarting came back for 2 weeks. After that di na ulet bumalik until now. ill be going back for 65k next month. HTH

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi. For those having problems like choking or black smoke, try to ask casa for the replacement of the whole CRDI system. I think the toyota's crdi is flawed. Hve them check this before the warranty runs out.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)