New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 25 of 163 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This thread indicates that the D4D choking problem is due to a faulty Denso pump, and/or poor quality fuel.

For those who have had this sad experience, may I know if Toyota replaced your high pressure pump free of charge?

If not, how much did they charge for a replacement pump?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    This thread indicates that the D4D choking problem is due to a faulty Denso pump, and/or poor quality fuel.

For those who have had this sad experience, may I know if Toyota replaced your high pressure pump free of charge?

If not, how much did they charge for a replacement pump?

Sir Dude,

Toyot batangas changed mine free of charge. They reset the ecu first, ok naman siya pero pinalitan pa rin kasi malapit na ako mataps sa warranty.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    +1 Agree to this... Also, the question to this is, Why only toyota D4D is affected by this chocking, smoke belching problem? it's the quality of filtration and defective parts..

D4D kasi stands for "Dead Dead Dead", number 4 being associated with death or being dead.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_dean View Post
    Sir Dude,

Toyot batangas changed mine free of charge. They reset the ecu first, ok naman siya pero pinalitan pa rin kasi malapit na ako mataps sa warranty.
    Mabuti naman. I'm glad Toyota replaced your high pressure pump FOC.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_fanatic View Post
    D4D kasi stands for "Dead Dead Dead", number 4 being associated with death or being dead.
    :offtopic: hey i'm interested to read this. any article that says so?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    mine is a D4D Matic, and is out of warranty since Aug. 08. Since then, I've been experiencing choking problem and hard starting -- i usually press the accelerator pedal to address the prob -- namatayan din ako ng makina one time. I use Toyota fully synthetic oil, and replace the oil every 10Km.

Am interested to know how you drain the water from the engine. You guys do this every week?

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Have the 2009 D4D models been modified by Toyota or do they still refuse to acknowledge the problem?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sa d4d engine ng innova ko paminsan minsan umiilaw yung check engine, sabi ng toyota kailangan daw palitan yung egr worth 8800. wtf !!!! nasira na din yung alternator ko. balak ko na ibenta itong sasakyan na ito then bibili na lang ako ng honda city!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi guys contemplating on getting a 3.0 D4D fortunner has toyota fixed choking, hard stariting, stalling probs of the D4D's? thanks a lot

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hello..

my dad is planning to buy a innova V D4D. ask ko po kung ok n ung prob nila (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)

thnx.

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)