New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 24 of 163 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by engrburns View Post
    mga sir, should i buy fort with 2.7vvti instead of 2.5d4d to lessen my worries besides may mura ung gas.... di naman kaya ako mamulubi sa maintenance ng gas.... tnx mga sir
    1st congratulating you for having your new fort/vvti (from above post).....

mine was acquired last july'07 and it's running nearly 12k ODO....it's a 4x2_D4D....

i've read so many comments here regarding thread title and i'm bit nervous if same will happen with my engine too.....

what i've experienced is when i'm using petron at an early ODO of 1k before the first tune-up came, i feel less acceleration.....feeling so much air or kinda unbalance, sometimes called "palyado".....that's why i've changed my petro with caltex and glad up to now it's working OK

second experienced is when i've installed a add-on gadget called "Accelator Booster"..... it's really amazing when i used that booster for couple of weeks, it feels doubled the power and less in fuel consumption.....BUT after 1.5 mos. it failed and Engine Check appears on my panel.....huhuhu.....it cost me arround 13k.....anyway dealer extend 2mos. warr. on that and instead requested for exchanged in bling-bling items......wheyyyyy.....

what i'm doing is a weekly cleaning of my air-filter as i exercised with my previous cars keeping it clean and so far happy using my D4D.....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spooner1 View Post

mine was acquired last july'07 and it's running nearly 12k ODO....it's a 4x2_D4D....

i've read so many comments here regarding thread title and i'm bit nervous if same will happen with my engine too.....

what i've experienced is when i'm using petron at an early ODO of 1k before the first tune-up came, i feel less acceleration.....feeling so much air or kinda unbalance, sometimes called "palyado".....that's why i've changed my petro with caltex and glad up to now it's working OK

second experienced is when i've installed a add-on gadget called "Accelator Booster"..... it's really amazing when i used that booster for couple of weeks, it feels doubled the power and less in fuel consumption.....BUT after 1.5 mos. it failed and Engine Check appears on my panel.....huhuhu.....it cost me arround 13k.....anyway dealer extend 2mos. warr. on that and instead requested for exchanged in bling-bling items......wheyyyyy.....

what i'm doing is a weekly cleaning of my air-filter as i exercised with my previous cars keeping it clean and so far happy using my D4D.....
    IMO You might also want to include in your weekly maintenance the draining of the fuel filter. So as to remove water from the fuel system.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Wala bang water separator and D4d fuel system?

I had Isuzu diesel before and it has waster separator with easy drain plug just before the fuel filter.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    IMO You might also want to include in your weekly maintenance the draining of the fuel filter. So as to remove water from the fuel system.
    thanks for the good suggestion of yours.....i'll take ur advise and have it done the soonest time possible

wbr

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Wala bang water separator and D4d fuel system?

I had Isuzu diesel before and it has waster separator with easy drain plug just before the fuel filter.
    Like what you just mentioned, the D4D also has a water separator in the fuel filter with a drain plug.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spooner1 View Post

it seems na ung trend talaga ngayon pag d4d regular maintenance, the engine is quite complicated, anyways i had my fort last nov28, and its 2.7vvti of course ryt timing pa ang baba na ng gas ngayn my odo is just 58km nakapark lang sa haws makita ko lang sya pag gising ko masaya nako, hehehehe...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    problem problem talaga fuel pump ng denso

bought a new one (modified version) bigger pump,sensor etc etc (tecnical specs)

well if ur going to ask me kung is it worth it,well with a heavy heart and an empty pocket...depende talaga.

mine is out of warranty na kc (pump price is 33k excluding instalation and reprogram pa)thats why.

my own opinion talaga,lalo na sa mga out of warranty unit dapat RECALL talaga yan,first and foremost diesel quality natin is poor(given na yan)toyota should have known this one and i really know they tested that b4 hand (dont know about all scenario reg diesel natin ha!)

and improvised new pump sa mga countrys like ours or indonesia or even india(b4 pa nila released unit)

and after (3) years of testing (sa consumers) and having the same problem,they finally got a new and better pump to go with their d4d.

sabi nga ng taga denso
    "ITS JUST A MATTER OF SOONER OR LATER"
    sa mga old pump na naka install.

i just have my mind set na this is a much better way than selling the car and buying a new one,but for a three year old car?it SUCKS big time evry time i think of it.
    Last edited by bruswayne; December 11th, 2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    This thread created last November 2006, I think that the 1st toyota D4D release in the philippines(corect me if i'm wrong ). This problem is still not resolve by Toyota Phils .. what the he** its to long to resolve this problem? I saw many smoke belcher Diesel Innova in south of manila.. maybe the owner neglected this problem..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Contrary to the lies Toyota is feeding you, there is nothing wrong with our local diesel. It's Euro-2 standard compliant. It's not exactly bunker oil.

If it's the diesel fuel that's the problem, then D-4D toyotas shouldn't be having problems in Europe (where diesel is Euro-4 and Euro-5) -- but they do.

So obviously, it's crappy quality that's the root of this problem.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Contrary to the lies Toyota is feeding you, there is nothing wrong with our local diesel. It's Euro-2 standard compliant. It's not exactly bunker oil.

If it's the diesel fuel that's the problem, then D-4D toyotas shouldn't be having problems in Europe (where diesel is Euro-4 and Euro-5) -- but they do.

So obviously, it's crappy quality that's the root of this problem.
    +1 Agree to this... Also, the question to this is, Why only toyota D4D is affected by this chocking, smoke belching problem? it's the quality of filtration and defective parts..

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)