New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 163 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I assumed 10,000km/year for my computation and I assumed same fuel consumption for VVTi and D4-D at 8km/L (there could be a difference but its not going to be big enough to upset the computation big time) and the price difference of gas and diesel at P6/L (but this will narrow down in the future based on oil fundamentals and to the people from the oil industry are saying). The price difference is P66,000 (obtained from www.toyota.com.ph) for Innova G A/T VVti and Innova G A/T D4-D...

So (10,000km/yr. / 8km/L) = 1250L/yr. of consumption
    So with assumption of P6 difference that is (1250L/yr * P6/L price diff.) = P7500/year more expensive to fuel a VVti.
    So P66,000 price difference divide by P7500/year of additional cost for using unleaded that is 8.8 years... Of course that is based on 10,000km/year and same fuel efficiency. If D4D is more fuel efficient it should go down but not by so much at worst 6 years... Add to that D4D has a higher PMS costs than VVti and also higher insurance premiums since its a more expensive vehicle then you get the idea more or less mga 7 years nga... By then your car has depreciated significantly and most likely pinagsawaan mo na...
    MAYBE NOT TRUE BY NOW, THE COST OF DIESEL AND GAS IS QUITE NEAR. NEED TO HAVE BETTER ALTERNATIVE BY HAVING SMALLER CAR.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dindy View Post
    HELP PLEASE!!! I bought an innova E diesel last april 2008 and after a month of use...sobrang usok!!!! they said that they had to rev it up as per factory plant sop during the 1st 1000km check up pero upto now e mausok padin. My odo is just 1450 km and i even had it check last week and they had to rev it up again and sabi re program daw ng ECU pero its barely a week now and after travelling for only 80 km here we go again at sobrang usok na...parang bus!!! when not in motion you can already see a liittle smoke coming out then when you rev it even upto 2000rpm e mausok na and lalo na kapag diinan pa accelarator. I really need anyones help and suggestions lang. PLEASE

I read here about replacing the supply pump pero sabi sa toyota na the symptoms for changing a supply pump is when you have hard starting or namamatayan yung engine after starting. Well it makes sense..

Sbi sa casa that if it happens again then most likely what they need to replace is the fuel injector/ fuel filter.... i don't know if that will solve the problem

Im hoping that anyone can help me and suggest and you might have friends who experience this and what they did with their innova

if anyone has a probable solution i am more than wiling to here it out...you can text me thru 0918-9370948

thanks in advance!

Sir, same problem pala tayo... i bought my innova last sept 2007, wala pang 1k ung odo nya b4 eh may black smoke na until now meron pa din... ang dami ng ginawa at may napalitan na parts pero ganun pa din... napalitan na nga EGR, fuel filter at recently lang ung fuel injection pero meron pa din black smoke... sa august 29 may appoinment ulit ako sa casa para tignan daw ng quality control ng TMP, sana may magandang mangyari... try mo pa-check sa toyota makati para hindi lang ako nag iisa na may problem na ganun... goodluck saten sir...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Sir, same problem pala tayo... i bought my innova last sept 2007, wala pang 1k ung odo nya b4 eh may black smoke na until now meron pa din... ang dami ng ginawa at may napalitan na parts pero ganun pa din... napalitan na nga EGR, fuel filter at recently lang ung fuel injection pero meron pa din black smoke... sa august 29 may appoinment ulit ako sa casa para tignan daw ng quality control ng TMP, sana may magandang mangyari... try mo pa-check sa toyota makati para hindi lang ako nag iisa na may problem na ganun... goodluck saten sir...
    Sgt. Pepper and dindy,

2.5 Fortuner – same problem!

And everything from the reprogramming of the ECU to the replacement of the EGR and then the fuel injectors – parehong-pareho.

Sgt. Pepper, my dad also has an appointment on August 29 at Toyota Makati. I think that's the available day of the warranty dude from the Sta. Rosa plant. I told him to look for you – an Innova owner. You two being there will make a good case.

...We're actually hoping for a replacement unit na.

Personally, I regret convincing my dad to get a diesel unit. And the rest of the family, now that around 1.50 na lang ang difference ng diesel at ng premium gasoline, talagang nanghihinayang na. Ayaw na namin ng diesel. Sana nga lang kung pwede, 4x2 RAV4 na lang ang ipalit since insignificant difference price-wise – magdadagdag na lang ng 7k bucks. Di namin alam kung talagang pwede. But we're REALLY hoping.

By the way, our unit was bought in December (2007).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sotingcoacs View Post
    revorayala...cgro you should bring it to toyota... and ask them if your unit is recall...kasi yun s uncle ko 2005 model ( in that year daw may recall ang fuel pump), kaya sha namamatay when cold start. bring it to toyota para mapalitan nila fuel pump mo. hope it helps

We have a 2005 hilux and yep kasali na rin kami sa bandwagon. namamatay na siya after starting. AFter the warranty has expired papalitan pa kaya nila yan free of charge since part yan ng recall?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by usokpower View Post
    We have a 2005 hilux and yep kasali na rin kami sa bandwagon. namamatay na siya after starting. AFter the warranty has expired papalitan pa kaya nila yan free of charge since part yan ng recall?
    most of the time, they will say that wala na sa warranty period. better discuss this with your dealer before expiration of your warranty period.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    kasali na rin po ako after 30 months and 43,500 kms.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_dean View Post
    kasali na rin po ako after 30 months and 43,500 kms.
    sorry to hear that bro..better bring it to your dealership,.and discuss about it,
    ...wonder it would happen to me and other thousand of d4d owners out there in the future.(risk)., ganun na lang ba life cycle d4d engine natin.. parang me cancer!! parang inaantay nalang ang taning kung kelan magchoke!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hello to all,

galing ako sa toyota batangas yesterday, ni reset ang ecu, then need to replace the supply pump, order pa nila sa planta, pero ok na di na nagchoke, pero they decided to replace the supply pump. Sabi nila modified na daw ang pang replace. fyi

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hello po sa lahat!!! may napanood po ako na report ni niko bau, abs cbn reporter, about road accident, sa umagang kay ganda at sa t.v patrol inulit po! isa sa mga report niya, napansin ko na innova yung sasakyan, ang sabi sa report naubusan lang daw ng battery, pero sabi nung may ari ng innova bigla lang daw namatay, pero napansin ko sa video na ilang beses i_start yung makina pero parang ayaw umandar!!! sabi ko ito na cguro yung sinasabi dito na hard starting at namamatayan ng makina ang innova. pasensya na po hindi ko po sinisiraan ang mga innova lovers, kase po innova din po kase ang gusto kong ride, ang name nung may ari ng innova BRIAN KIM, flaxen color. baka may mga tsikoteer dito na may kilala sa abscbn, try niyo baka makatulong ang report ni niko bau sa mga problem about hard starting and choking ng d4d's...!!! salamat po!!!!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RR27 View Post
    hello po sa lahat!!! may napanood po ako na report ni niko bau, abs cbn reporter, about road accident, sa umagang kay ganda at sa t.v patrol inulit po! isa sa mga report niya, napansin ko na innova yung sasakyan, ang sabi sa report naubusan lang daw ng battery, pero sabi nung may ari ng innova bigla lang daw namatay, pero napansin ko sa video na ilang beses i_start yung makina pero parang ayaw umandar!!! sabi ko ito na cguro yung sinasabi dito na hard starting at namamatayan ng makina ang innova. pasensya na po hindi ko po sinisiraan ang mga innova lovers, kase po innova din po kase ang gusto kong ride, ang name nung may ari ng innova BRIAN KIM, flaxen color. baka may mga tsikoteer dito na may kilala sa abscbn, try niyo baka makatulong ang report ni niko bau sa mga problem about hard starting and choking ng d4d's...!!! salamat po!!!!
    Yup, saw it too!

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)