New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 163 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    diba po wala ng spark plugs ang diesel?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes wala pala, my bad. Pero may tawag sila dun eh glow plugs ba yun? Tanungin ko driver ko mamaya paguwi ko anu yung mga parts ng diesel na mas mahal sa gas... Ewan ko din kung yung D4-D kailangan pa ng glow plugs??

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I don't think maintenance cost of modern diesel nowadays is more expensive. In fact, it may even be cheaper compared to gas engine with the same displacement. Here's why:

The reason why oil & oil filter is more expensive in old school diesel is that they have larger displacements to match up the performance of the smaller gas engine. Like for example 2.0L gas revo vs 2.5L diesel revo (still, this diesel is only 85ps vs 100+ of gas). It is because the power is low and they have no choice but to increase the displacement. But today, things are different. Same displacements diesel engine can match up or even exceed the performance of the same displacement gas engine. Example Carens 2.0L gas vs 2.0L diesel engine. Now, the maintenance cost is just the same in terms of oil and oil filter. In fact, spark plugs of gas engine are replaced maybe twice a year but on modern CRDI diesel there is practically none. Glow plugs are there but almost no use in modern diesels.

As you can see, diesel are becoming more & more popular nowadays due to technological improvements. Hyundai sta fe, only have 2.2L diesel engine but can match the performance of the 3.0L D4D fortuner or its own 2.7L gas V6. Because it doesn't have to be HUGE and HEAVY, a lightweight can also be powerful and even more fuel efficient. 24hrs Le Mans race was won by an Audi diesel car This is the trend folks and you will see more and more of this in the future especially with the push from skyrocketing oil price

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    hi..!!
    tga batangas poh kami and meron din kaming 3yrs owned toyota innova..
    wala naman kaming nagiging problem...
    more hp to toyota!!!
    subok nah tlaga..
    kahit fx namen 10yrs nah until now nagagamit pah..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    un innova din po namin ganun na..hard starting??kasi before hindi ko tinatapakan un accelerator..ngayon kailangan ko na tapakan kasi namamatay..2 years and 3 mons na un innova e namin..lapit na kami mag 10,000 kms..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    revorayala...cgro you should bring it to toyota... and ask them if your unit is recall...kasi yun s uncle ko 2005 model ( in that year daw may recall ang fuel pump), kaya sha namamatay when cold start. bring it to toyota para mapalitan nila fuel pump mo. hope it helps

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sotingcoacs View Post
    revorayala...cgro you should bring it to toyota... and ask them if your unit is recall...kasi yun s uncle ko 2005 model ( in that year daw may recall ang fuel pump), kaya sha namamatay when cold start. bring it to toyota para mapalitan nila fuel pump mo. hope it helps
    thanks po sa info..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sotingcoacs View Post
    Accdg to casa here in the province, they would only change the fuel pump in the 3rd episode of hard starting. The 1st and 2nd episode, they would only re-program the engine. Ganito din po ba sa ibang casa?
    Last edited by surg; June 23rd, 2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: change some words

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    nasubukan mo na ba ipa check car mo other than sa toyota? i know one shop expertise nila common rail. dun sa crown diesel binondo

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    HELP PLEASE!!! I bought an innova E diesel last april 2008 and after a month of use...sobrang usok!!!! they said that they had to rev it up as per factory plant sop during the 1st 1000km check up pero upto now e mausok padin. My odo is just 1450 km and i even had it check last week and they had to rev it up again and sabi re program daw ng ECU pero its barely a week now and after travelling for only 80 km here we go again at sobrang usok na...parang bus!!! when not in motion you can already see a liittle smoke coming out then when you rev it even upto 2000rpm e mausok na and lalo na kapag diinan pa accelarator. I really need anyones help and suggestions lang. PLEASE

I read here about replacing the supply pump pero sabi sa toyota na the symptoms for changing a supply pump is when you have hard starting or namamatayan yung engine after starting. Well it makes sense..

Sbi sa casa that if it happens again then most likely what they need to replace is the fuel injector/ fuel filter.... i don't know if that will solve the problem

Im hoping that anyone can help me and suggest and you might have friends who experience this and what they did with their innova

if anyone has a probable solution i am more than wiling to here it out...you can text me thru 0918-9370948

thanks in advance!

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)