New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 163 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    never thought i would experienced hard starting on my innova diesel bec I thought that problem was limited to 2006 models. But last week, my innova did experienced hard starting ( namamatay ang engine as soon na start ko and I had to press the accelerator immediately para hindi mamatay). Unfortunately, hindi daw available un machine for reprograming so have to wait for 1 week. However, after a few days bigla naging ok ang engine with no more hard starting pero pinareprogram ko pa din. Pero pansin ko lumakas fuel consumption after ma-experienced yun hard starting even though nareprogram na,
    Have any of you guys have the same experience na lumakas fuel consumption after experiencing hard starting?
    Also, the service advisor told me kelangan after 3 times reprogram bago papalitan yun pump. ganun po ba talaga ruling ng casa? baka kasi out of warranty na after 3rd reprogramng.
    TIA sa mga replies

Any idea whether Toyota Motors Phils has resolved the hard starting and choking problem with the 2.5 D4D Diesel engine? We are planning sana to buy an MPV and the Innova E with the 2.5 D4D Diesel Engine is our first choice. However with this hard starting and choking problem, we are reconsidering our first choice. Na solve na kaya ng Toyota or hindi pa? When we ask the sales agent about the hard start and choking problem of the 2.5 D4d Diesel Engine, wala naman daw may nagrereklamo regarding hard starting and choking. Ang dami nga raw nakapila for Innova units wint the D4D engine. Ano kaya talaga ang totoo dito? Meron bang problema and 2.5 D4D diesel engine ng Toyota or wala? If meron ngang problema before, naayos na kaya ito ng Toyota? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Parang hit or miss talaga eh... Uncle namin merong Innova V D4-D and it seems its fine. If you can't stand it (the idea of hit or miss) and you still want the Innova then get the VVTi if you are worried about the economics side of things, then I can say that unless you travel like 15,000km or more in a year it will take you 7 years just to break even from the price difference of the D4-D and VVTi. Add to that D4D has higher PMS costs than VVti and higher insurance costs since its a more expensive vehicle... But its up to you, its just my suggestion...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Parang hit or miss talaga eh... Uncle namin merong Innova V D4-D and it seems its fine. If you can't stand it (the idea of hit or miss) and you still want the Innova then get the VVTi if you are worried about the economics side of things, then I can say that unless you travel like 15,000km or more in a year it will take you 7 years just to break even from the price difference of the D4-D and VVTi. Add to that D4D has higher PMS costs than VVti and higher insurance costs since its a more expensive vehicle... But its up to you, its just my suggestion...

Ganun ba katagal bago mabawi yung price difference between VVTi and D4D, assuming you travel 15,000 kilometers per year? Di ba mga Php50,000 and price difference between VVti and D4D? May i know how did you compute and got 7 years? Kasi maliban na mas mura and diesel, mas matipid din and D4D compared sa VVti. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I assumed 10,000km/year for my computation and I assumed same fuel consumption for VVTi and D4-D at 8km/L (there could be a difference but its not going to be big enough to upset the computation big time) and the price difference of gas and diesel at P6/L (but this will narrow down in the future based on oil fundamentals and to the people from the oil industry are saying). The price difference is P66,000 (obtained from www.toyota.com.ph) for Innova G A/T VVti and Innova G A/T D4-D...

So (10,000km/yr. / 8km/L) = 1250L/yr. of consumption
    So with assumption of P6 difference that is (1250L/yr * P6/L price diff.) = P7500/year more expensive to fuel a VVti.
    So P66,000 price difference divide by P7500/year of additional cost for using unleaded that is 8.8 years... Of course that is based on 10,000km/year and same fuel efficiency. If D4D is more fuel efficient it should go down but not by so much at worst 6 years... Add to that D4D has a higher PMS costs than VVti and also higher insurance premiums since its a more expensive vehicle then you get the idea more or less mga 7 years nga... By then your car has depreciated significantly and most likely pinagsawaan mo na...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    * auto fanatic: as i've posted, i never thought i would encounter the hard starting problem coz they said before up to 2006 models lang ang may problem but SURPRISE! nagkaroon ng problema unit ko even though its already 2007 model and its already 1 year and 3 months old! so I believe you can never say wala na problema ang mga succeeding models. its really a hit and miss coz toyota never corrected the problem. that's why im planning to sell my unit. gusto mo?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    * auto fanatic: as i've posted, i never thought i would encounter the hard starting problem coz they said before up to 2006 models lang ang may problem but SURPRISE! nagkaroon ng problema unit ko even though its already 2007 model and its already 1 year and 3 months old! so I believe you can never say wala na problema ang mga succeeding models. its really a hit and miss coz toyota never corrected the problem. that's why im planning to sell my unit. gusto mo?

Ngek...hanap tayo ng atat na atat sa Innova......yung hindi nagbabasa dito.............sayang kasi yung pinaghirapang pera kung yung mabibili mong kotse ay may hard starting and choking problem.........sayang....ok pa naman on paper yung Innova E na D4D Diesel Engine.......hayyyyy naku.....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hello po mga tsikoters ako po, atat na magka innova, pero dahil sa nagbabasa ako lagi dito at sa mga napag uusapan dito about sa problem ng innova d4d, medyo nagdadalawang isip na po ako na advie gls na lang kukunin ko, lumang design pero reliable!!! sana nga ma_solve na ng toyota ang probs na yan, dahil sa july approved na ang loan namin to get the innova E d4d...! bahala na!!! hehehehe!!!! tnx po!!!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I assumed 10,000km/year for my computation and I assumed same fuel consumption for VVTi and D4-D at 8km/L (there could be a difference but its not going to be big enough to upset the computation big time) and the price difference of gas and diesel at P6/L (but this will narrow down in the future based on oil fundamentals and to the people from the oil industry are saying). The price difference is P66,000 (obtained from www.toyota.com.ph) for Innova G A/T VVti and Innova G A/T D4-D...

So (10,000km/yr. / 8km/L) = 1250L/yr. of consumption
    So with assumption of P6 difference that is (1250L/yr * P6/L price diff.) = P7500/year more expensive to fuel a VVti.
    So P66,000 price difference divide by P7500/year of additional cost for using unleaded that is 8.8 years... Of course that is based on 10,000km/year and same fuel efficiency. If D4D is more fuel efficient it should go down but not by so much at worst 6 years... Add to that D4D has a higher PMS costs than VVti and also higher insurance premiums since its a more expensive vehicle then you get the idea more or less mga 7 years nga... By then your car has depreciated significantly and most likely pinagsawaan mo na...

Thank you for your inputs. It appears that it makes more sense to have the Innova VVTi instead of the D4D, especially if one is not a heavy user. Mahirap naman yung sistemang hit or miss sa D4D considering that one will be purchasing a brand new vehicle using hard earned money. Mahirap din na parating nasa back of your mind na bigla kang matirikan sa gitna ng daan like EDSA, Skyway or Ayala - wala kang peace of mind. Malaki din ang gastos sa towing kung sakali.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    nice mr tidus, ganda ng explanation... actually ganyan din iniisip ko kaya VVti ang kinuha ko, mga after 5-6 years ko pa mababawi, at shmpre peace of mind yun ang impt... sayang at torquey lang talaga ang d4d....

tanong ko nga lang pala, pano ba pag sinabing mas mahal ang maintenance ng diesel? mas mahal ba ang oil? mas malapit ba ang intervals? me mga piyesa bang wala sa vvti na kelangan palitan sa d4d? ty

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Basically the diesel engine oil is more expensive and parts mas mahal ng konti like sparkplugs, pero PMS interval is the same... That is what I experience with my diesel Landcruiser dunno if these new common rail diesels are cheaper pero since yung diesel ng Landcruiser ko old school eh Pero at least walang choking like D4-D. Mabuhay ang old school diesel

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)