New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 163 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    To add, do ko lang alam if yung local Toyota D4D ay marami nang locally sourced na spare parts like, pump, starter, ignition, alternator, etc.. na could be a contributing factor sa hard-starting/choking problem ng diesel variants nila.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    compute your savings on diesel against unleaded gas versus the added cost when you buy a d4d. Not much? Why gamble on diesel engines...toyota are known for thier gasoline engines anyway.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    I think there is no problem with Toyota D4D design because we have been using Toyota HiLux S-GLX D4D 2500 4WD (from Thailand) in Total, Yemen for several years. In fact, rough road and mountainous area (plateau) yung lugar namin dun and sometimes 30% deg slope and loaded pa (5 adults+equipment) and byahe namin, and to be safe ay maximum 60 kph ang speed limit namin thru vehicle monitoring device. I never encountered hard starting or choking in all of our Toyota HiLux. Yun nga lang due to rough road ay nagbabara lang yung air filter kaya kinakapos minsan pag akyatan na kaya high rev kami and low gear 4X4. And pag stop-over namin sa Dubai ay napakaraming Innova Taxi dun and so far wala namang ganitong problema. Maybe yung diesel nga natin problema that's why I am planning to purchase Innova E gas on June.
    Pag ang crudo atin ang problema...ba't wala akong narinig na problem sa starex CRDi and tucson . If you truly believe that their D4d engine is not the problem then gamble your money on it...buy Innova E diesel.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by magnusthegreat View Post
    Pag ang crudo atin ang problema...ba't wala akong narinig na problem sa starex CRDi and tucson . If you truly believe that their D4d engine is not the problem then gamble your money on it...buy Innova E diesel.
    as I said; maybe yung ibang locally source na parts ang nagbibigay ng contributing factors sa problema. Isa pa, I am not comfortable sa noise and vibration generated ng diesel engine kahit impress ako sa torque nya and most importantly, kulang budget ko bro... hehehe..peace...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    [SIZE=3]hello po sa mga naka innova d4d's ask ko lang po kung ok na po ba ang problem na ito(choking, hard starting) kase po 1st choice ko, innova j diesel, 2nd po ang adventure gls sport, may plano po kaming kumuha ng unit next month, antayin ko po mga reply niyo!!! salamat po!!![/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Toyota IMV (D-4Ds and gas) are all Made in Thailand, not here.

welscua: there's nothing impressive about its low torque. Other diesel engines can churn out 343Nm out of mere 2.2L

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ediserap View Post
    Update on my hard starting problem. I just received a call from my Service Advisor that they are replacing the whole ignition assembly. I hope this is the solution to my hard starting problem. In fairness to my new service advisor I think he is good because he is now taking my problem seriously instead of just reprogramming and resetting the system like the two service advisor did. I will keep you updated and more power.
    ang galing naman ng SA mo! is he aware that since your car has a diesel engine, there is no ignition system? tell him to make sure he returns to you the old distributor and spark plugs!

8. Join Date
    May 2005

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Toyota IMV (D-4Ds and gas) are all Made in Thailand, not here.

welscua: there's nothing impressive about its low torque. Other diesel engines can churn out 343Nm out of mere 2.2L
    OT: Yeah you're correct, all D4D engines are all from Thailand, but the battery, starter, alternator, harness, etc.. are not all made in Thailand. All other parts that are available here are utilized by Toyota Phils, otherwise we will be paying more. Even our local manufacturer of harness are exporting them to Toyota Thailand.

Regarding torque, IMO, well it also depends on the transmission, you have high speed and low speed. Just like the old FX, small engine but high speed transmission. So you have to balance your speed and transmission ratio in order to maximize the efficiency (torque against speed) of your engine, I think this is the reason why the manufacturer is giving transmission ratio in their car specs.

just my idea....sharing is caring.....hehehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    never thought i would experienced hard starting on my innova diesel bec I thought that problem was limited to 2006 models. But last week, my innova did experienced hard starting ( namamatay ang engine as soon na start ko and I had to press the accelerator immediately para hindi mamatay). Unfortunately, hindi daw available un machine for reprograming so have to wait for 1 week. However, after a few days bigla naging ok ang engine with no more hard starting pero pinareprogram ko pa din. Pero pansin ko lumakas fuel consumption after ma-experienced yun hard starting even though nareprogram na,
    Have any of you guys have the same experience na lumakas fuel consumption after experiencing hard starting?
    Also, the service advisor told me kelangan after 3 times reprogram bago papalitan yun pump. ganun po ba talaga ruling ng casa? baka kasi out of warranty na after 3rd reprogramng.
    TIA sa mga replies

List of Toyota D4D Probems (Choking, Hard Starting, etc.)