New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    Saw the new IS250 sa Taiwan recently and maganda naman sya. Doon, for a IS250 with all the bells & whistles, you can only get a not so upgraded BMW 320.

So I was thinking dapat sobrang click IS doon but it turns out that the Bimmer still sells alot more pala.

I wonder why...
    cguro unkown at this point sa mga karmihan ang Lexus brand? kasi it was only marketed in North America. ngayon lang naging global ang brand. at karamihan ng car buyers yung nameplate ang number 1 factor sa buying decisions nila. minority lang ang mga car enthusiasts. at saka yung 3 series it's been around for a while kaya may cult enthusiasts na. plus mayroon racing heritage ang 3 series (yung halo car nilang M3). yung IS/Altezza on the other hand is only 8 years old. unknown to many car shoppers.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee
    majority of SUV owners are driven by soccer moms anyway..

not necessarily. let's just say, the higher class women drive it. The ULTIMATE SOCCER MOM VECHICLES are: Chevy Suburban/Tahoe, GMC Yukon/Yukon XL/Yukon Denali/Yukon XL Denali, Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Dodge (Grand ) Caravan/Chrysler Town & Country. If they drive a Lexus, they mainly drive the Rx300/330/350. lalo na yung RX300. it looked like a bubble on wheels. good thing yung RX300 ko meron spoiler wing in the back that made it look a little masculine.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee

them germans sure know how to build/design a suspension.
    They do know how to make a sporty suspension, but hearing stories from friends i know that drive Bimmers, it's a cheaply made vehicle. I considered an X5 before I got the GX, but it seemed to be so noisy and the quality of the hardware, not good. I used to have a friend that had an X5. He said that simple things like door handles and the fog lamps fall off his car! Another lady i know that drives a 330Ci says she's not very picky, but her car has a lot of rattles and squeaks. Another 330i owner i know, had 3 of her 4 power window motors break, and it's only 4 years old!

Plus, u should also check this out. This is the ranking of the German made vehicles TODAY. Below industry average.

J.D Powers and Associates

or here's a PDF file that's easier to read (IF you have Adobe Acrobat Reader)
    PDF File

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by denslexusgx470
    They do know how to make a sporty suspension, but hearing stories from friends i know that drive Bimmers, it's a cheaply made vehicle. I considered an X5 before I got the GX, but it seemed to be so noisy and the quality of the hardware, not good. I used to have a friend that had an X5. He said that simple things like door handles and the fog lamps fall off his car! Another lady i know that drives a 330Ci says she's not very picky, but her car has a lot of rattles and squeaks. Another 330i owner i know, had 3 of her 4 power window motors break, and it's only 4 years old!

Plus, u should also check this out. This is the ranking of the German made vehicles TODAY. Below industry average.

J.D Powers and Associates

or here's a PDF file that's easier to read (IF you have Adobe Acrobat Reader)
    PDF File
    Bimmer engines are durable. the major problem is the electrical parts of the car, which is an expensive thing to fix. car enthusiasts are aware that BMW ranks below in quality survey compared to Lexus. even owners of both brands agree to that fact, but that is not going to deter a lot of enthusiasts in wanting to experience the feeling of an adrenaline rush injected by the "ultimate" driving machine. nothing in the Lexus line up is exciting right now when it comes to performance. before anybody says I am bashing Lexus. no I'm not. I don't have a BMW. I'm a Lex owner, but I will not let that blind me from realizing the following:

BMW: PERFORMANCE and Luxury with emphasis on PERFORMANCE
    Lexus: LUXURY and Performance with emphasis on LUXURY

i have to agree with you that Lexus makes quality products. let me reiterate my previous statement. for a daily driving car that can get you SAFELY AND RELIABLY from point A to B, get a Lexus. for corner-carving, andrenaline pumping week-end canyon run car, get a BMW. heck, get the one with an "M" logo.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    It has finally become a reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Philippine Star - July 12, 2008

Source

Toyota forms P1-B firm Lexus Manila
    By Zinnia B. Dela Peña
    Saturday, July 12, 2008
    Toyota Motor Philippines Corp. (TMPC), controlled by the family of taipan George S.K. Ty, has ushered in the high-end Lexus brand to the country via the establishment of a P1-billion company called Lexus Manila in line with the Japanese automaker’s global expansion of its luxury division.

Lexus, which has become the highest-selling maker of luxury cars in the United States, is presently sold in 57 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Oceania, Africa and Asia. It was launched in China three years ago, in Malaysia earlier this year and Indonesia only last month.

Lexus Manila applied yesterday for a corporate license with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Out of the P1-billion authorized capital stock, P250 million has been subscribed.

The new company is slated to start operations in the fourth quarter this year and is looking at initially selling 20 to 30 units a month to corner eight percent of the luxury passenger car segment.

To rise on a 4,500-square meter property at the Bonifacio Global City, Lexus’ dealership will stand on three storys that will house the brand’s internal offices, stockyard, service center and six-car showroom.

Toyota is eager to resuscitate demand for more expensive sedans to secure stable profits in the traditionally difficult market.

Being the top-selling luxury marque in the United States, Lexus, a lightweight in Europe after 15 years on the market, is aiming to be recognized as a global premium brand.

Market leader TMPC, which accounted for 36 percent of total sales sold 22,209 units in the first half this year, an increase of 6.8 percent from 20,790 units last year. Sales in June declined slightly by 1.1 percent to 4,003 units from 4,046 units in May.

TMPC will be pitting Lexus against other luxury brands like Mercedes Benz and BMW, which currently dominates the country’s luxury segment with a market share of 70 percent.for passenger cars and 50 percent for sport utility vehicles.

Lexus originated from a clandestine flagship sedan project which began in 1983. This effort developed into the original Lexus LS, which was the first vehicle to wear the Lexus marque upon its launch in 1989. In following years, Lexus added sedan, coupe, and SUV models. Hybrid drivetrains arrived in 2005, and the F-marque performance division debuted in 2007. From the start of production, Lexus vehicles have been consistently produced in Japan.

The assembly of the first Lexus built outside the country, the Ontario, Canada-produced RX, began in 2003.

Since 1989, Lexus has developed a reputation for vehicle reliability and customer service, as measured by independent surveys.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi anyone knows if the structure is being built already?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Great news... Hoping to see the showroom someday.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    guys do you think the prices of the Lexus models of the upcoming dealership will be lower or higher than gray market prices on similarly speced models?

kasi alam ko toyota has a bad habit of overpricing and underspeccing models especially here in the philippines (case in pt the current prado and the new LC200) kasi alam nila this is a toyota country. sana hindi ganito mangyari sa lexus kung hindi sayang lang.
    Last edited by kyle618; July 13th, 2008 at 01:10 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Lexus dealership in the Phils