New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    lx,gx,ls, gs and es..........here it comes baby!!!!!!
    I believe the GX470 is only for the North American market. So I guess thats not coming.

My guess, they will most likely introduce the IS, GS and RX here.

Blackraven, this is the Prado based USDM Lexus GX470 which has a 4.7 liter V8 engine not available in the Prado.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lexus was originally made for the us market only, we have lexus gx 470 here already but available through grey importers only. im sure if lexus will open a lexus dealership here, they will offer the whole line on lexuses here or maybe thru special order. so let me run thru the list again.

suvs.( LX470, GX470)
    Sports coupe.(SC430)
    Luxury sedan.(LS,GS,ES,IS)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    lexus was originally made for the us market only, we have lexus gx 470 here already but available through grey importers only. im sure if lexus will open a lexus dealership here, they will offer the whole line on lexuses here or maybe thru special order. so let me run thru the list again.

suvs.( LX470, GX470)
    Sports coupe.(SC430)
    Luxury sedan.(LS,GS,ES,IS)
    You forgot the RX crossover SUV.

I believe the global Lexus models(outside North America) only include the IS, ES, GS, LS, SC, RX, LX.
    Current JDM Lexus models include the following: IS, GS, LS, SC(facelifted)

The GX can be bought here through grey market importers, but its a USDM spec model.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    You forgot the RX crossover SUV.

I believe the global Lexus models(outside North America) only include the IS, ES, GS, LS, SC, RX, LX.
    Current JDM Lexus models include the following: IS, GS, LS, SC(facelifted)

The GX can be bought here through grey market importers, but its a USDM spec model.
    i knew i forgot something...the rx330.....i still feel the gx will make it to our shores because the land cruiser100 is the same as the lx470(with added options of course)....same as the gx470 being the same as the lc prado120..so

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i knew i forgot something...the rx330.....i still feel the gx will make it to our shores because the land cruiser100 is the same as the lx470(with added options of course)....same as the gx470 being the same as the lc prado120..so
    Yes, the GX470 is based on the LC Prado, I believe it was made for the North American market because Lexus needed a mid-size V8 SUV to compete with other luxury SUVs.

The V8-only Lexus GX470 must be very expensive since the similar looking lower-spec Prado is already an expensive SUV(almost P3M!). I wonder if people would go for the Lexus version if Toyota/Lexus ever decides to sell it here officially?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i just saw a gray gx470 at parked at reposo makati 2 days ago. ganda.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    speaking of lexus...

just saw an is200 (model 99) for sale... P850K... nakaka tempt!!!

hmmm.... 850k lang resale ng is200? ......

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by amboy
    hmmm.... 850k lang resale ng is200? ......
    usually mababa ang resale ng imported, karamihan underpayment ng duties & taxes lalo na pag pinadaan sa batangas customs hehe

our manager almost bought a 2002 LX470 for P1.6M late last year. It was imported as brand new in 2002 but when he looked at the Certificate of Payment of duties & taxes, less than P80T and binayaran

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.680M 02 Lexus LX470? pwede na...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Kung may bumibili ng BMW and Merc, why not Lexus?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Lexus dealership in the Phils