New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hey Guys,

I accidentally left the inside interior light on for 2 hours inside my Toyota Vios 1.5G. Did I lose a lot of battery life?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yup, half of it....

just kidding....not unless you've got an old old batt.
    Last edited by xda2jojo; December 24th, 2009 at 09:56 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by josefarrugia View Post
    Hey Guys,

I accidentally left the inside interior light on for 2 hours inside my Toyota Vios 1.5G. Did I lose a lot of battery life?
    I don't think so. And as long as your car starts you have nothing to worry about. I've left interior lights on for much longer than that.

Sometimes overnight pa. Car still started

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    no harm done. its ok.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Will not lose to much on battery as long as you run the engine the lose energy of battery will be replace. So a reminder when you close your door double check if there a light on the door before leaving the car.
    Last edited by speed unlimited; December 25th, 2009 at 04:22 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by josefarrugia View Post
    Hey Guys,

as long as you were able to start the car, ok lang yan. a few minutes of running engine is all that is needed to recharge whatever power the battery lost.
    and if your car doesn't start because of discharged battery, and your car is M/T, you can always try to push start it. i know. i've done it many times. but if your car is A/T, then i hope you have a battery charger. or, you have another car there with jumper cables.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Rechargeable battery natin para lang cellphone na nabawasan ng 0.5 bar kung 2 hours lang kahit overnight yan ok lang wag lang headlight maiwan mo otherwise tulak or jumper mo auto mo.

FYI kahit ma total drain battery no harm yun. Short circuit, overcharging, and overloading ang sumisira sa battery. Kung hindi maintenance free always keep the battery solution in correct level.
    Last edited by shadow3616931; December 26th, 2009 at 03:25 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    ...Kung hindi maintenance free always keep the battery solution in correct level.
    To add...
    Do not use battery solution(full charge or half charge????<<< forgot the correct term),
    Use distilled water, like Absolut or Wilkens, make it sure na distilled water eto, not the mineral water.
    Pang battery na, pang pamilya pa....hehehe(sorry masaya lang ako ngayon).
    'la akong tiwala sa mga battery distilled water na benta sa gas station.

Left Indoor Light On