New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Fair enough. Kung naging 1.1-1.2M lang sana, then for sure it will sell probably a bit better than the 2.0V Corolla Altis.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Buying the Aqua or Prius C would start to make sense only if the government just eliminate the duties or taxes for all hybrids. If so, prices could go down to price levels of high end compact cars.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I had the experience of riding Toyota Prius. One was privately-owned and the other one a taxi (yes a taxi).

The owner of the first one said it really saves gas (40mpg based on his actual experience).

The taxi driver said the same thing about fuel economy. He doesnt own the taxi but he rents it from a company.

Based on my personal observation, acceleration and speed is quite comparable to an ordinary sedan. Maybe its just me but it feels like an ordinary car in terms of acceleration and speed.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    NEWS/REPORT:

75 percent of Toyota Prius owners wouldn't buy again

A recent Polk survey reveals that hybrids cars aren't developing repeat customers. Fully 65 percent of owners would decline a second purchase. And the news is worse for Toyota.

Bad news for manufacturers of hybrid cars: costumer loyalty is low, as only 35 percent of owners purchased another hybrid when buying a new car from 2008 to 2011. The numbers are taken from a report by automotive researchers Polk, who studied the habits of 75,000 hybrid owners in the market for a new car.

The news comes at a time when hybrid popularity is as high as it’s ever been, with models flying off the lot (hybrids saw a 169% increase in sales in February) at a record pace. But does the new report signal that costumers are unsatisfied with the hybrid experience?
    More:
    75 percent of Toyota Prius owners wouldn't buy again: report - Yahoo! Autos Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
"Le petit hybrid: Toyota's all-new Prius c"