New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hello. Question lang. I noticed that unlike others cars im used to that has rear ac, hinde namamatay ang rear ac ng prado despite turning off the front ac. Do you guys bother turning off the rear ac pa everytime before shutting off the engine? Lagi ko kasi nalilimutan...

Also there’s a guy in the lc group in fb selling obd autolock module for 1500. Safe ba to install? Would it not mess up with the car’s computer or cause shorting or fry the car?

Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Hello. Question lang. I noticed that unlike others cars im used to that has rear ac, hinde namamatay ang rear ac ng prado despite turning off the front ac. Do you guys bother turning off the rear ac pa everytime before shutting off the engine? Lagi ko kasi nalilimutan...

Also there’s a guy in the lc group in fb selling obd autolock module for 1500. Safe ba to install? Would it not mess up with the car’s computer or cause shorting or fry the car?

Tia

With dual AC, I'd keep the rear off unless requested.
    Seen those autolock OBD modules. I'd suggest you check your dealership or shops w/ Techstream(Toyota's eModule management introduced in 06 as replacement for the old Mastertech). You can have them alter more than just autolock....a LOT more. I prefer to have the OBD port left free for gauge & diagnostic use.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my innova is like that.
    the rear aircon is still "on", even if i turn the main aircon off.
    but it does not blow cool air anymore. it just blows plain air.
    but when i shut the engine off, it also turns off.
    so, no danger of the battery going flat because of it.

i always leave my rear aircon on, because i forget to turn it on whenever i use the car. natatandaan ko lang when i feel the aircon isn't cooling well.
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My 2012 Prado, mag off naman yung rear AC when I turn off the front AC.

I had the obd autolock module since I bought the Prado and wala naman naging problem.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    With dual AC, I'd keep the rear off unless requested.
    Seen those autolock OBD modules. I'd suggest you check your dealership or shops w/ Techstream(Toyota's eModule management introduced in 06 as replacement for the old Mastertech). You can have them alter more than just autolock....a LOT more. I prefer to have the OBD port left free for gauge & diagnostic use.

Ako naman i let the rear ac run para hinde tasked ang front ac to cool the entire car. Also para hinde “ma stuck up” whatever there is that can get stuck up from not running the ac. Even though i ride solo 95% of the time.

Can you recommend sir a reputable shop with techstream? Parang i prefer it this way nga. Sana meron way to activate remote start through this...

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my innova is like that.
    the rear aircon is still "on", even if i turn the main aircon off.
    but it does not blow cool air anymore. it just blows plain air.
    but when i shut the engine off, it also turns off.
    so, no danger of the battery going flat because of it.

i always leave my rear aircon on, because i forget to turn it on whenever i use the car. natatandaan ko lang when i feel the aircon isn't cooling well.
    heh heh.
    Same i just let it run cos if i turn it off, i forget to turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    My 2012 Prado, mag off naman yung rear AC when I turn off the front AC.

I had the obd autolock module since I bought the Prado and wala naman naging problem.
    Mine is 2015 and it still runs even after turning off the front ac. Not sure lang if cool air pa or blower na lang cos i just stuck my hand there for a quick second just to check if may hangin pa.

I’ll check first sir travajante’s suggestion of using techstream before going the obd way.

Thank you sirs!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Ako naman i let the rear ac run para hinde tasked ang front ac to cool the entire car. Also para hinde “ma stuck up” whatever there is that can get stuck up from not running the ac. Even though i ride solo 95% of the time.

Can you recommend sir a reputable shop with techstream? Parang i prefer it this way nga. Sana meron way to activate remote start through this...
    Running the rear will cool the car faster, yes, but won't exactly make the front work less. Our dualAC-eqiipped 25year old still has everything working...rear is seldom used. Glad it has none of those multiple temp & flow controlling duct servos that buzz or go pfffft over time.
    Re Techstream, dealerships have them. I'm fortunate to have a bud who has it, but we're too far from civilization to be of help.Land Cruiser Prado Questions

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Running the rear will cool the car faster, yes, but won't exactly make the front work less.
    if one thinks about it,
    the front won't be working any more or any less, because one turned on the rear as well.
    it's really the compressor that is doing all the work.
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if one thinks about it,
    the front won't be working any more or any less, because one turned on the rear as well.
    it's really the compressor that is doing all the work.
    heh heh.
    Exactly.Land Cruiser Prado Questions

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sa pajero bk naman ganun din iirc. Parang independent siya dun sa main ac kumbaga. Also panget na practice daw kung halos palaging nakapatay ang rear ac. Based on personal experience i suggest lang to keep it running para at least hindi mag stuck-up or hindi huminto, etc. That way tatagal din ang life span niya.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Where do you guys service your prado outside casa? Basic PMS. Would appreciate recommendations. Preferably, but not required, near san juan/ortigas area…

Also does anyone know how to interpret these numbers? Di ko gets how it relates to months/mileage…

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast