New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    actually ok lang naman sa akin yung pag upshift niya at 2k rpm thereabouts, what bothers me is during crawling traffic mas gusto niyang sa 1st gear lagi. kahit around 20kph ang takbo ko nag kickdown na agad siya sa 1st gear, sa ibang auto trannies kasi bihira mag 1st gear unless almost complete stop na yung car and pag sa bumper to bumper traffic nasa 2nd kadalasan to minimise the jerky motion. i cant help kasi but compare the innova's a/t to my other cars na parang smarter ang a/t's.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yup ramdam naman ang pag shift.. lalo na pag mabagal ang arangkada..

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Mas magaan ang tapak ko sa iyo. Paki-subukan mo nga, bro, yung mabagal na acceleration, kung mararamdaman mo ang pag-shift... kahit minsan lang...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Whew! I have decided nga to quicken my acceleration (kapag walang humps) nowadays, tutal sa primera lang naman...

But going back to topic:
    *bratski: yun bang jerky motion sa primera, as in, parang male dog na kahit hindi na nakasakay sa female dog in heat, e, arya pa rin nang arya iyung balakang?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    vinj,
    i already checked the dipstick and it also doesn't state what atf is used. the atf fluid level is about 1/2. the transmission seems to stay in 1st gear longer than usual, in crawling traffic, the feeling is like driving a manual tranny (engaged in 1st gear and foot off the clutch pedal), when you release the gas pedal there's a jerking motion.
    The '05 Innova of my uncle doesnt have that jerking problem, i experienced something like that with our old Sentra before. If you want to be sure on the ATF (havent checked my manual yet), best is to buy from the Toyota parts counter then and have your tranny flushed asap (if you can find a shop with an a/t dialysis machine like autotechnika then that would be helpful). did you also try switching the o/d(or is it power/eco mode) switches?

On the fuel consumption, driving in Cebu City is kinda thirsty to the car as it has a lot of stop and go driving with short distances (so it takes time to really break-in a car).

Sana nga it's just a flush and fill job needed and that the previous owner did not overhaul it or something.
    Last edited by vinj; December 4th, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Whew! I have decided nga to quicken my acceleration (kapag walang humps) nowadays, tutal sa primera lang naman...

But going back to topic:
    *bratski: yun bang jerky motion sa primera, as in, parang male dog na kahit hindi na nakasakay sa female dog in heat, e, arya pa rin nang arya iyung balakang?
    ay hindi naman ganun kagrabe hehehe, naiinis lang kasi ako dahil nagtatagal siya sa first gear, sa stop and go traffic nakakainis yun kasi pag binitawan mo gas pedal nag jerk ng konti, tapos pag apak uli ag jerk siya uli.sa ibang a/t transmissions kasi sa stop ang do traffic alam nung transmission to shift in 2nd earlier kasi nga jerky masyado pag nakababad sa 1st gear. yung expy ko kahit less than 20kph ang takbo nag sesegunda na sa stop and go. same with my old cvt city na hindi ramdam ang shifting at walang jerky motion. ang problem lang naman sa stop and go, pag maluwag naman yung streets medyo ok naman siya

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On a sidenote, i drove again my Tito's '05 diesel a/t and i just noticed that it does shift to 1st gear at 20kph or below; irregardless of pedal touch. When accelerating very slowly from stop it shifts up to 2nd gear at 10kph. I guess the only reason why its not too noticed is that its not too jerky as what you're experiencing.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    vinj,
    weird thing, the jerky shifting suddenly disappeared, shifting from 1st t 2nd can still be felt though not as jerky as before 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th you can hardly feel the upshifts. hope the problem wont come back again hehehe, just a precaution im replacing my atf. problem is up to now i dont know what atf type i have hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    vinj,
    weird thing, the jerky shifting suddenly disappeared, shifting from 1st t 2nd can still be felt though not as jerky as before 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th you can hardly feel the upshifts. hope the problem wont come back again hehehe, just a precaution im replacing my atf. problem is up to now i dont know what atf type i have hehehe
    *fingers crossed*

If your ride has less than 40k on odo then chances are you're running on the original ATF; best is to just buy that !*$%!#$*V Toyota Type whatever ATF they sell at the CASA (shouldnt cost much IMO, won't hurt to give them a call to inquire) .

Try also running your a/t through the gears manually from time to time. Check also your throttle cable adjustment, if its tight then its more sensitive to pedal inputs (can help improve throttle response a bit though).

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    *fingers crossed*

If your ride has less than 40k on odo then chances are you're running on the original ATF; best is to just buy that !*$%!#$*V Toyota Type whatever ATF they sell at the CASA (shouldnt cost much IMO, won't hurt to give them a call to inquire) .

Try also running your a/t through the gears manually from time to time. Check also your throttle cable adjustment, if its tight then its more sensitive to pedal inputs (can help improve throttle response a bit though).
    For two weeks now I experienced that my Innova G a/t is jerky. Since my car os still brand new and and ODO nya is still around 400, what should I do? Definitely the ATF must be the original and I cannot change it to Toyota ATF (sold at casa). So what can I do with it?

Another thing, what do you mean when you say "Try also running your a/t through the gears manually from time to time." Paano gawin yan? By the way, I'm new at this, so please bear with me. thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Running it manually through the gears: shift the car from L-2-3-D while driving around (akin to driving a manual). If its jerky, since yours is still new and under warranty, best to go to the Toyota CASA and bring up the issue with them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Innova A/T questions