New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    hi guys! im planning to buy second hand toyota innova J(gas). can anyone give me tips or insights regarding toyota innova? any comments are welcome. thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As long as you get one with a established service history, and preferably first owner, there shouldnt be much problems. The vvti doesnt have much problem as long as the oil was changed every 5,000kms and you follow the service needs of changing the fuel filters and assorted fluids accordingly, cleaning the MAF sensor, etc.

FC of the 2.0 vvti should be around 8km/l to 9km/l in city driving if you're careful on the gas pedal. The a/t versions get 6-7km/l I heard.

When you see the unit, try to schedule it first thing in the morning or when the engine is cold so you can observe for any hard starting or erratic idle which usually comes out when the engine is cold.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    There's nothing really commendable about the Innova but it's practicality. Maintenance is so-so as well as the efficiency. Will still depend however, how was it used by the previous owner and how will it be used by you. There's nothing to worry about, really, unless that particular vehicle is flooded. On the other hand, if it isn't, then it should get its job done without hesitations.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    FC of the 2.0 vvti should be around 8km/l to 9km/l in city driving if you're careful on the gas pedal. The a/t versions get 6-7km/l I heard.

baltimore toyota

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    thank you all for your response! this will help

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sinabi bang casa maintained yan? sabihin mo ipakita sayo records. then tumawag ka sa casa na sine-service-an nung innova na bibilin mo, ask them kung talagang dun sine-service. dapat mo yan masigurado kasi meron akong kilalang nagbenta ng innova J. 90K na ang ODO, nung binenta, nai-urong ang ODO sa 38K, ang laki ng diperensya, 3 years lang yung innova na yun na kakilala ko. 7-8km/L ang VVT-i, depende sa driving style and depende din sa daily route mo although i own a D4D. :D

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    salamat eric.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    boss mas maganda b tlga ung diesel kesa gas?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Maganda ang diesel if you prioritize Fuel consumption and pulling power. Diesel is more powerful at lowend speed and more thrift regardless of how you press the throttle. But when it comes to refinement, gas is better. I have yet to see a diesel that does not have the diesel clutter sound when it aged up at 50k mileage. Try resting your head on the door window, you'll surely going to feel the vibration.

keep in mind that your buying 2nd hand, your buying an unknown vehicle history, thats including the problem of the vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if its second hand and warranty have expired, get the gas variant. mahirap kumuha ng old d4d, it will be very costly to fix if its affected by the d4d issues.

innova survey