New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I take AC's word for it... for someone who's in tsikot since Oct 2002 (a fellow pioneer!) I think his word of honor is sufficient enough to back up his story.

Plus, this isn't the first time that an Innova self-ignited here in the Philippines. :burn:
    tnx po sir sa paniniwala..

pasensya napo at wala akong evidence.. share ko lang po experience ng family friend ko.. wala naman po akong balak siraan innova.. hope u guys don't get mad .. lalo na mga naka innova

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    expedition ni angelu de leon nasunog buti naagapan ang loob doon pa sa parking lot ng GMA ..buti nakunan pa ng video ito

pinsan ko din na expedition taga Malolos ..umusok din dash board din sa Baguio ..

ilan ba dapat may masira or masunog para masabi na

na may manufacturing defect ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I have an Innova, no problem with me

It can happen to any car brand naman, so we only need to know what causes it.

I have seen a black BMW in Fairwiew just ignited while running din naman, bigla na lang umusok ang hood and then mabilis na nag-apoy at hindi na rin mabuksan ng may-ari yung hood dahil mainit na rin kahit may hawak syang fire extinguisher natuluyan din masunog yung auto.

Sa US yung mga CRV din maraming cases of burning dahil daw sa oil filter na nagle-leak dahil sa oil seal nito.

I guess the key here is proper maintenance and be sure of the added electrical accessories, practice safety and bring along a fire extinguisher always.

Ang alam ko yung kay Angelou nasunog dahil sa naiwang cellphone charger na nakasaksak sa auxiliary at nagliyab.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    Let's say it is not a manufacturing defect. Covered ba ng insurance "own damage" ang sunog?
    Yes kasama po yan. As to the degree of compensation, it will depend on the outcome of the insurance firm's investigation.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post

pasensya napo at wala akong evidence.. share ko lang po experience ng family friend ko.. wala naman po akong balak siraan innova.. hope u guys don't get mad .. lalo na mga naka innova
    Okay sir... I believe you.

Pero kung okay na, dont forget to post it here. Let's keep the picture for the meantime.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The important thing, really, is to find out why the fires occured.

This being an ASEAN-assembled vehicle, it's possible that the quality control exercised by the local factory isn't as high as that of the Japanese factories. (It's nothing against ASEAN workmanship... just differences in management...).

Our Sentra Exalta used to smoke every once in a while (siguro, once every other week) from the steering wheel... great wiring from the Taiwan factory...

But whether it's a workmanship defect or a design defect (wiring looms too close to the exhaust? Leaking oil lines?) will determine whether or not a major recall has to be made.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post

Mad? Me, I'm not mad or even doubt the validity of your post. In fact I'm thankful for your post. It made me aware that there are issues like this.

What I'm more concerned about is to find out or know the cause. So it can be prevented from happening to my ride or to other people's rides.

Ika nga e... "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of fire extinguisher"

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    same here...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks po for understanding mga sir

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Innova nasunog sa Baler Frisco area