New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Laht paps drive by wire, mayron rin delay yung d4d same sa VVTi, ang pinagkaiba, mas malakas lang talaga torque ng d4d kaya non linear response sa apak, feel mo yung kick ng makina.
    Yeah, because of the wave of torque suddenly flowing, and max torque coming in more quickly with turbo diesels vs gas engines, you'll think there's little lag in the d4d. In truth nga, both have the same pedal lag.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ahhh kahit pala diesel merong lag. kala ko sa gas variant lang e.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Even my 1.5g vios has that throttle lag, its just not that noticeable on automatic versions

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my d4d MT does at least 10 km/li in the city. its turbo, CRDI and injectors are 95T Km old, and haven't given me any trouble yet.
    perhaps the only "problem" it has given me, is the sidewalk emissions test person, who insisted i have my emissions certificate renewed every 3 months. (Bwahahaha...!)
    i suppose the innova has been good to both you and me..
    OT. Under the law, he is right and we are all violators after three months of our emission tests hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Yun na nga paps hehehe... Ang lapit lang kasi ng bahay sa opisina.. 800 meters lang. Kaya kahit lunch uwian ako.

Yung top speed ko pala dyan, di lalampas ng 50 kph.. May mga village rin kasi dinadaanan na may mga jeepneys na stop and go.

And based sa manual ng mga sasakyan, yung ganyan na driving ay isa sa mga severe conditions..
    Wag mo na ikambyo. Use 1st gear na lang all the way to office.
    Ako mga 200 meter lang layo ng office ko pero motor ang gamit ko hehehe. minsan 1st lang gamit ko.

Si misis mejo malayo. Mga isang kilometro layo ng opis niya hahaha. totoo yan.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    OT. Under the law, he is right and we are all violators after three months of our emission tests hehehe
    talaga? i didn't know that...
    can you direct me to the appropriate law?
    thanks.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    talaga? i didn't know that...
    can you direct me to the appropriate law?
    thanks.
    It is true that emission tests is valid for 2-3 months only. It is indicated in the test certificate for use.

http://www.emb.gov.ph/portal/Portals...010-23_628.pdf

However, what you sometimes forget is that:
    1) you can say no to them doing the actual emission testing as the car operator/driver. They can be prevented from riding your vehicle to operate the accelerator. You can do it yourself you know.
    2) check annex b in the pdf link. page 7 of their brief. Item 4 Test procedure Letter d states they should pump the accelerator 2-3 times first to remove any deposits in the exhaust pipe prior to actually obtaining the test sample/result.

3) Below is the actual test procudure as per EMB rules regarding the obtaining of test results.
    """
    e. With the engine idling, depress the accelerator quickly, but not violently, to obtain maximum delivery
    from the injection pump. Maintain this position until maximum engine speed is reached for about two (2)
    to four (4) seconds and the governor comes into action. As soon as this speed is reached, release the
    accelerator until the engine resumes its idling speed. Record the maximum reading of the smokemeter.
    f. The operation described in paragraph (4)(e) shall be repeated not less than six (6) times in order to
    clear the exhaust system and to allow for any necessary adjustment of the apparatus. The maximum
    opacrty values read in each successive acceleration shall be noted until stabilized values are obtained.
    The values read shalt be regarded as stabilized when four (4) consecutive readings are within a hand
    width of 0.25 m-1 and do not form a decreasing sequence. The arithmetk mean of the four stabilized
    values shall be the test result for the concerned vehicle.
    """

Tanong ko lang, may gumagawa ba ng tamang procudure sa emission testing?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, i am aware that the lifespan of the test emissions certificate is only 3 months. that is why we have to time the test, for the annual registration.
    but are we really required to drive around the city with an updated certificate? are we required to have our rides tested every 3 months?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    yes, i am aware that the lifespan of the test emissions certificate is only 3 months. that is why we have to time the test, for the annual registration.
    but are we really required to drive around the city with an updated certificate? are we required to have our rides tested every 3 months?
    No you are not required to keep one in tow everytime that is valid as they can always conduct the test via the ASBU team scattered in whatever hiding place they selected.

That is the reason why the ASBU can test to see whether you are violating the max smoke emissions, heck they even do that even with a valid certificate sometimes (for those who are just hungry to catch for quota).

So you have to keep in mind the guidelines of how testing is done as I linked above. How can they say that you did violate the emissions limit if they do not have equipment? Seeing black soot coming out is not an immediate sign of failure in emission testing as the test itself provides for throttling 2 to 3 times to remove soot deposits in the exhaust system prior to actual testing. And testing is done not 1, not twice, but 6 times to make sure that any loose deposits is released from the system and the result are based on consistent data. So keep the EMB guidelines in tow. Which is why I posted the link for everyone to refer to if they have any questions on how the testing should be done.

Violent depression of the accelerator is a no-no as no matter how good the diesel engine is, it will surely emit deposit as the engine was unable to keep up with the sudden demand for diesel and unable to burn it properly from the get go. (Again refer to the test procedure).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i understand,they can not just single out any vehicle for no reason at all. there must be a reason, e.g., dark smoke seen exiting from the tailpipe..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast