New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    Reposted with edit:

My brother bought his Innova E D4D in 2005.
    Pero until now, wala namang problem. Di naman pa mausok kahit mataas na ang mileage.
    Last year, I bought a 2007 Innova E D4D, wala naman ding problema pa. At sa 10 Innova na D4D, ilan ba ang may choking or hard starting problem? Saan ko ba makikita ang totoong statistic?
    Kung sa Toyota, baka di nila sabihin ang totoo.
    Unless na lang kung may honest na empleyado ng Toyota ang magsasabi ng totoong stats.
    Meron bang institution or group ang gumagawa ng research tungkol sa problema sa Innova D4D?
    Pls. post here na lang para kung nakaka-alarma na, gagawa tayo ng campaign para ma-recall ang mga D4D.
    For sure bro they will never tell you the truth. If you ask them about it they'll just play dumb! Of course, you won't earn $ if you're too honest especially sa mga sales. If your newly purchased vehicle is in a state of s**t, that's the time they'll tell you about this and that. Pasensya lang mga bro. I'm just too frustrated, angry, & disappointed from where i'm standing. From my point, I'll never look or buy Toyota again.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    the d4d is really that bad huh? the reason why im considering it is its supposed fuel economy advantage over the gas counterpart, what i want to know is how much of an advantage it has. plus based on reviews, the d4d is better than the vvti engine, and diesels are supposed to be more flood proof than the gas engine.

~~yup mas mganda ang diesel variant compare * gas vvt-i.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Both D4d and VVTi are not flood proof BTW, to some extent of flood height both are not suitable to swim on flooded streets.

Both has ECU that needs to be protected from getting wet, both has the same air filter height placement, both have electronic ignition, and most especially they both have same ground clearance.

It would be a wrong notion that D4d is "supposed to be matibay sa baha", don't compare your diesel to PUJ's.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    ako masasabi ko lang.. Im not satisfied with Toyota Service... Previously we encountered Gas tank leak in our Innova and Had to Shell out Participation (for insurance claim). Later I found out thru Toyota Q.Ave that it should be replaced for free due to defect.... 3 times kami nagbayad ng Participation sa loob ng isang taon. diba panloloko yung ginawa sa amin... Plus they put our lives in danger... BTW vvti po Innova namin...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Both D4d and VVTi are not flood proof BTW, to some extent of flood height both are not suitable to swim on flooded streets.

Both has ECU that needs to be protected from getting wet, both has the same air filter height placement, both have electronic ignition, and most especially they both have same ground clearance.

It would be a wrong notion that D4d is "supposed to be matibay sa baha", don't compare your diesel to PUJ's.

from what place is this pic taken? ang lalim naman ng baha nyan.

no matter if its gas or diesel, i dont subject my vehicles to deep water crossings, a pain in the wallet yan to fix if something conks out.

im happy with my choice of the innova gas, no major problems so far (except for the bum fuel problem), i guess that i made the right choice in getting the vvti. at least i have more peace of mind

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post

GRABE ANG TAAS NG BAHA NAMAN NIYAN. saang lugar yan? kung nalagyan lang sana kaya ng snorkel yang innova??kaya niya kaya yan??

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    The picture above was posted in the Innova Thread

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...flood&page=255

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    guys, ano po ang fuel efficiency ng vvti and d4d???/ how many km per liter po?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    bump! Same concerns here. D4d issues and fuel efficiency.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345