New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    isa pa pong tanong ko, bakit po kaya pag inikot ko yung distributor ko wala man lang pagbabago sa tunog o andar ng makina, kahit iretard o advance pareho lang tunog ng makina, di ba po ba pag naka advance dapat tataas ang idle?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    wala man lang ikot ng flywheel? sounds like your problem is electrical. i'd check the ignition switch. not the part where you insert the key, but the switch at the end of the key cylinder, where electrical wires attach. sometimes the switch is replaceable, sometimes you may have to replace the entire switch assembly. another item to check is the starter solenoid. maybe it needs replacement. it's easy to check, if one knows how. check also all electrical connections.. baka loose connection.
    the high tension circuit (ignition coil, distributor, high tension cables and spark plugs) and the starter circuit (starter solenoid and starter) are two different things. problems in the hi tension circuit usually do not affect the starter circuit. that means, the engine will still revolve but it will not catch life. problems in the starter circuit will usually be bypassed by push-starting the vehicle.
    but if the problem is the ignition switch: 1. either the idiot lights will not light up at the second click, and the starter solenoid will not activate (no solenoid click); OR 2. idiot lights light up at the second click, but starter solenoid does not click.... some cars have another solenoid that activates the starter solenoid (may be factory spec or may be aftermarket modification).... heck! it's easier to do than to describe..
    good luck.
    walang ikot, as in zero. ang naiiba lang ay medyo mag-dim yung idiot lightswhen the key is in the start position. i've checked the more visible wires (HTW, dizzy, coil, battery) but not the starter and the ignition switch. i do remember a few years ago that removing and reinserting the key makes it work though nalimutan na yun kasi di na siya nag-no-start for a long while (after replacing the coil). thanks for the inputs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
ignition coil