New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    A Corolla Cross Hybrid and an Innova G were in our office parking lot this morning and it started a conversation sa office.

Innova G *₱ 1,592,000
    Corolla Cross HV *₱ 1,650,000

Yes, the Innova will seat more passengers, pero if 3-4 lang kayo sa family and 90% of the time, solo ka lang sa car.

And you only plan to keep the car for 10 years.

Do you think its time for us (Pinoys) to consider a hybrid?

*I searched online and asked family/friends abroad. Ok naman reviews ng Prius after the 10th year.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Magkano gastos pag magpapalit ng battery ng hybrid?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Innova for me..

Turbo Diesel power, more cargo space and passenger capacity. Although it's cargo capacity might come handful when you need to carry a bigger loads.

At least for this age because the replacement part for the hybrid's battery might come at a higher cost than a regular gas/diesel powered vehicle..

It's only been few when I saw on the Corolla Altis Hybrid on the road. Most of the Altises the current gen ones I see was a plain old gasoline models.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    according to Toyota PH's website

The battery is designed to last the life of the car. The car has normal 3 year warranty while the battery has 5 year warranty, though again, is designed to last well beyond the warranty.
    so if you buy both cars brand new, and plan to only keep it for (max) 10 years...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    A US aftermarket replacement linked in a video i saw quoted ~P90K converted for a reman battery or ~P70k for a rebuild kit after the core charge is refunded although you'll have to find someone to do the install or do it yourself. Casa rates here will probably be higher.

I Bought the Most Hated Car on the Internet (and made $1000) - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    In case of sudden floods na alanganin, mas may chance na mag endure or mag survive ang diesel vs. gas/hybrid. Now hindi naman basta basta mangyayari yun pero knowing na merong possible condition na ganun rito sa bansa natin, i would rather have that resilient trait of diesels and not need it instead of the other way around, na have none dahil sa vast electronics ng gas/hybrid setup and then need it.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    naisip ko lang. tanggalin natin yung factors na wala tayong control
    like:
    • mas malaki yung Innova and 7 seater.
    • mas pogi yung Corolla Cross
    • may baha sa Metro Manila

mas matipid sa fuel ang diesel.

pero since madalas naman tayong nag-iisa sa car. and madalas din na Metro Manila driving.

ngayon pandemic, kung kakain ka sa loob ng car mo, di gagamit ng fuel yung hybrid.

after the pandemic naman, di gagamit ng fuel yung hybrid habang paikot ikot ka sa parking.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if toyota warranties its batteries for 10 years of 150,000 km...
    zero for the first 10 years or 150,000 km.

but as my daily route includes watershed areas in the metro...
    innova diesel pa rin siguro.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 21st, 2021 at 11:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    It depends on one's use and routes

I would get the Corolla Cross, its more stylish and having a hybrid is nice. Im sure it is more quiet and has a better ride.

But an Innova is the more practical choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This is where the Geely Okavango makes sense. I have been seeing more of this in the road compared to the Corolla Cross. It offers MPV space with a turbo-petrol and hybrid system. It looks better than an Innova or Corolla Cross. Plus it is more affordable.

Between the Innova and Corolla Cross, the Innova is more practical. If you want a daily driver Toyota 5-seater with some comfort, then opt for an Altis. For the price of the hybrid Corolla Cross, I would opt instead for the more capable XV or more spacious CRV gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hybrid vs Diesel (Corolla Cross vs Innova)