New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    yes, i don't rely on the muti info display of FC either. I compute it manually based on the odometer reading and volume of fuel carried in the tank.
    I used the full tank/odometer method. I always use the same pump at the gas station near my home.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I used the full tank/odometer method. I always use the same pump at the gas station near my home.

Sir, what fuel do you use to fill-in your camry?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Wow! 7km/L for a city drive. Not bad

Hehe... sabi ko nga ba magkakaroon ng reaction sa 7km/L :D It's usually driven late morning to Makati and home in the mid afternoon so traffic isn't too bad at those times. I'd guess they get 7km/L since the car also gets on SLEX (Makati - Alabang) every other day or so.

The LPG'd Camry 2.4L used by Warren of Greenfuel does around 4-5km/L but it's all short trips around the narrow San Juan roads most of the time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    thanks for the reply, do you guys think it is worth it to get a 3.5 engine instead of a 2.5 engine for camry? the only consolation 3.5 has as of the moment is the gadgets and features the camry has to offer while the 2.5 has less and a longer waiting time.

Also i was taking into consideration the resale value of the car after 5 years....
    Last edited by lightsnow725; May 18th, 2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add other message

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Sir, what fuel do you use to fill-in your camry?
    Shell unleaded...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsnow725 View Post

Also i was taking into consideration the resale value of the car after 5 years....
    Don't expect good resale value for mid-sized cars, even with a Toyota. Bought my 2.4V around late 2007 at P1.7million. Sold it on 2010 with just around 10k mileage for P900k...(( My 2005 Fort V was around P1.48 million when I bought it. I think the going rate now is P700-800k after six years.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    slightly off topic, how much would a 2007 Camry 3.5Q go these days? about 22k mileage. considering that the new model is already out. thanks! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Don't expect good resale value for mid-sized cars, even with a Toyota. Bought my 2.4V around late 2007 at P1.7million. Sold it on 2010 with just around 10k mileage for P900k...(( My 2005 Fort V was around P1.48 million when I bought it. I think the going rate now is P700-800k after six years.
    True, resale values for mid sized sedans such as the Camry, Accord, etc. are never good.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lightsnow725 View Post
    thanks for the reply, do you guys think it is worth it to get a 3.5 engine instead of a 2.5 engine for camry? the only consolation 3.5 has as of the moment is the gadgets and features the camry has to offer while the 2.5 has less and a longer waiting time.

It's worth it IF you take highway routes or relatively low traffic routes often during your regular week. BUT if you are stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffice most of the time, the smaller 2.4L version is a better choice.

If you have to take resale value as a consideration, then you'll be better off buying a COROLLA instead because cars like the Camry have a higher depreciation rate than it's smaller counterpart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12