New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    and proper timing on shifter gears would add to a better FC.

kambisaduhin mo ang car mo and malalaman mo kung paano i-dictate ang gers shifting nyan.
    Hindi ata nag shift sa automatic. Parang D (or D2...D3 etc) lang. Unless CVT in manual mode.

To save gas with an automatic be less of a gas stepper or brake stepper. The more you step on either gas or brake the more you consume gas.

Try you tube. A lot of gas saving tips there. One useful tip - for city driving never load your tank full. A full tank weighs heavier (albeit more gas) than a half or a third filled tank.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    guys, when's the appropriate time to use "2" & "L". what should i use on steep descent? ascent? sorry, i've been on MT all my life. 1st time to go A/T last week with the arrival of our new innova G gas A/T. thank you.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    Hindi ata nag shift sa automatic. Parang D (or D2...D3 etc) lang. Unless CVT in manual mode.

To save gas with an automatic be less of a gas stepper or brake stepper. The more you step on either gas or brake the more you consume gas.

Try you tube. A lot of gas saving tips there. One useful tip - for city driving never load your tank full. A full tank weighs heavier (albeit more gas) than a half or a third filled tank.
    i mean you can shift early to the next gear by doing a trick on the gas pedal.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Theus View Post
    guys, when's the appropriate time to use "2" & "L". what should i use on steep descent? ascent? sorry, i've been on MT all my life. 1st time to go A/T last week with the arrival of our new innova G gas A/T. thank you.
    you could use both them on steep descent and ascent.

L is for very steep and 2 is slighty steep .

also its the engine break of the A/Ts.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    L and 2 are basically the same with your M/T 1st and 2nd gear, respectively. Use it as you would on a M/T. When you shift to either gears, the tranny is locked in that particular gear (doesn't shift up or down). Use them when you're hauling up a steep hill or you need more engine braking going down.

Those gears are provided because if you use D, there's a big possibility that the tranny will cycle to 3rd and/or 4th gear, which may not be desireable in certain driving conditions.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is a good time to read your manual, sir.

Sa Avanza manual, ganito ang sinasabi:

HTH.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thank you. yeah, read the manual before, not much explanation though. may have missed it, but avanza manual's much better!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Just a question. The new fortuner doesnt have an "L" gear but instead has S1-S6... Is S1 equal to L?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How to Drive an Automatic (Fortuner)