New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi,

I've just installed lowering springs for my vios 2006 model but the problem is the rear part of the car became bouncy. I've read in forums that it is required to cut the bump stops whenever the car is on lowering springs. I've already talked to Cruven about this and they said that the rear shocks doesnt have bump stops and it is only the front part that has one. Is this true?

To vios owners that had their cars lowered, did you have your car's bump stops cut. If so, please suggest a shop that knows how this is done. Thanks.

Alex

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the rear suspension is similar to the Altis and 2nd gen Vios, there are no bumpstops.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cutting bump stops won't cure the bounce. Changing the shock absorbers for stronger gas-charged or even TRD units will.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KarNale View Post
    Hi,

I've just installed lowering springs for my vios 2006 model but the problem is the rear part of the car became bouncy. I've read in forums that it is required to cut the bump stops whenever the car is on lowering springs. I've already talked to Cruven about this and they said that the rear shocks doesnt have bump stops and it is only the front part that has one. Is this true?
    "bouncy" means your shocks are not matched with your springs. You will to get stiffer rated shocks to eliminate the "bouncy" ride.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    How about front bump stops, do I have to cut them?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I bought my pre-owned car lowered already. I noticed na parang nag sway siya sideways pag napadaan sa road bumps. Tapos may nabasa ko kelangan daw putulan ung bumpstops. After ko paputulan ng mga 1 1/2 inches sa harap, it worked sa oto ko. nawala na ung swaying. Ang oto ko pala Jazz Gd. Hindi ko lang sure kung ganun din sa vios. buti pa observe mo muna ung handling ng sayo. Pero regarding sa bounce, hindi nagbago nun pinaputulan ko. tulad nga ng sabi nila, shocks nga ang culprit. Naka stock shocks pa man din ako.

Hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How about front bump stops, do I have to cut them?
    As said. It does not cure bouncing. Not at all. (I've had lowered cars myself). The only thing you get from cutting bump stops is even extra lowering if they're too thick...

Seriously, just replace your shocks with better units or go back to stock springs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sir naka vios ka pala, mag sign up ka sa viosclub, marami ka makakatulong sayo dun

Hi,

To vios owners that had their cars lowered, did you have your car's bump stops cut. If so, please suggest a shop that knows how this is done. Thanks.

Alex

How to cut bump stops for Vios.