New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hi.

Just wonderin. What do you think about the Hilux Surf na 1kZ-TE yung engine?

Any difficulty in finding parts? How bout performance?

magkano kaya aabutin nito?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hilux surf 1kzte? ive never encountered hilux with this engine. it's usually 2lte. the only model that ive seen with the 1kzte is the toyota prado.

with regards to performance, it's powerful, fast. beware though that it can cost you a lot on the pocket because of its consumption. that is what ive heard.

as with the parts, i am not particularly sure but i think you can find parts here for that engine. hard to find but available. try checking also with toyota. i believe that there were around 40units of toyota prado with 1kzte engine (cbu) sold locally. these units were mistakenly shipped into manila (unconfirmed)

all i know is that these efi prados are the reason why denso japan granted us a calibrating machine for electronic denso injection pumps. we will be able to calibrate efi injection pumps within the year.

cheers!

Yup. May mga late models na Surf with KZ engines. 3.0 liter yan. Go sa Net maraming feedbacks dyan. So far maganda naman. The cyl. head is much better and issues on the old 2L were solved. (Prone sa head cracks ang 2L)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hello

im a newbie here , is there a LHD na 4Runner?

thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, i also heard medyo matakaw sa fuel.

Usually the US version imported 4Runners are the only LHD models you can find in the used market... most up for sale nowadays are RHD and i'd pretty much avoid those. One officemate has those and it's been an endless headache... up to now wala din takers kahit palugi na binebenta.
    Last edited by vinj; October 28th, 2005 at 09:51 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i have prado with 1kzte engine, very happy with it

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I just got myself a hilux surf 1kz-te engine. 3rd generation 4runner ang equivalent nito. It is bigger and wider than the previous surf.

I used to doubt converted vehicles but after a careful check sa underchassis, ung steering lang naman pala ang "converted" along with the location of the brake booster, some cables and electrical switches. The integrity of the chassis parts is not compromised IMO.

As to an LHD 4runner, I think you can get one but with a 22R or a KVZ engine, both gas.

I was about to get a 3L hilux but after I drove the surf, I immediately fell in love with it. Grabel kalakas ang power ng engine. Engine consumption I think is around 7km/l city. Havent tested pa sa highway.

As to the headache in getting a converted vehicle, I believe it is similar to getting a second hand local unit. If the previous owner is not maintaining it properly, then magkaka headache ka talaga dyan. Unless of course it is due to the improper conversion (steering, brakes, etc.)

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    koy, any pics of the engine?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    Yup. May mga late models na Surf with KZ engines. 3.0 liter yan. Go sa Net maraming feedbacks dyan. So far maganda naman. The cyl. head is much better and issues on the old 2L were solved. (Prone sa head cracks ang 2L)
    yes sir tama po kyo may surf din po ako na 2lte ang makina nka 2 times na po ako nagapalit ng cyl. head.ano po kya ang paraan palitan po ba ung engine? any idea how much ung prado engine? ty po.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i also drive Hilux Surf with the 2LTE (2.4li Turbo Diesel with EFI) now the ODO has clocked 210T km. bought when it was like 183T Km so far so good. but had to do some maintenance work (nothing major) like replace timing belt when it hit 200T Km. but the thing i spent the most time was getting the A/C right....(because of busted "1 of 2 condenser fans" had to replace Compressor which was damaged due to high-pressure) then had the Blower fan unit fabricated with air ducts to ensure optimal "buga" ng hangin. something i think that all Converted cars will face (because the converters saved time by just putting plastic hoses with lots of air leakage underneath the dashboard).

but over-all sobrang value for money 'tong sasakyan na 'to. the ride is (i dare say) better than 1st. Gen Fortuners...and the body is very solid. and the Turbo Diesel engine + auto tranny is still very reliable and quite powerful for City and Hiway drives upto 100-120Kph. anything above that medyo strained...
    Last edited by parakitoJDM; October 29th, 2008 at 06:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hilux Surf