New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one thing i dont like with the surf is the interior space,its kinda cramped.but with regards with the 1kz engine,its really powerful.dont forget to put turbo timers,the turbo itself is very expensive.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i remember one of my college buddies had the 2.4L powered gray one and the thing that i really enjoyed was when the turbo light on the instrument panel came on, and then that cool "whooooooosh!" turbo sound! sweet! and to think that's a diesel under the hood!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi,

A new comer,.. Got my Surf 2.4 last year from a friend. It runs goos in general, fuel consumption not bad. My problem is my dashboard. not properly done. may nabibili bang dashboards for surf...?. thanks.

Bubli

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hello guys n gals....
    yung latest mod ko nga pala...

1. inter-cooler setup.
    >> where i bought it?: in Pasay.
    >> what's the donor vehicle? it came fm. a Pajero.
    >> Cost: Php2.5K to buy, another 1.3K to install.

well yung initial na installation eh di masyadong maganda...while on my way to the Province eh nabunot ba naman sya (yung sa right side. haha) buti na lang eh with some wedging and tightening of the hose clamps eh ayun nakabit uli then may Turbo na uli. hahaha.
    next time i think i need to open up the hood and let the air cool the charge further down for more power. haha.

2. i just bought here in China....steering stalk (Headlight and Winker) for the LHD version of the Surf...haven't installed it yet....

later will post some pix guys...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    i do have one 4runner US version orig LHD and gas engine. mine has 2.2L 2Y carb engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hilux Surf