New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renan205 View Post
    I'm still learning here. What's TS?

I'll DIY the scheduled maintenance. I used to do the simple stuff like filter and fluid changes and brake pads/shoes on my previous vehicles naman. I don't mind getting dirty.

I've helped a friend change a timing belt on his Ford and I've gone as far as a torque converter swap on my car with the help of a friend. Pero I like the idea of hiring a Toyota mechanic to come to Coron for anything I'm not willing to tackle. Baka mas mura yon kaysa mag ferry ako to Manila or Puerto Princesa. I think ang roro between Manila and Coron nasa P12,000-15,000 each way.
    TS = Thread Starter

Last 2 weeks nasa Calapan Port ako, meron na daw RORO Calapan to Coron?

If meron madadalian ka na dalhin yan sa batangas.
    Last edited by cast_no_shadow; August 11th, 2015 at 08:41 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm still learning here. What's TS?

I'll DIY the scheduled maintenance. I used to do the simple stuff like filter and fluid changes and brake pads/shoes on my previous vehicles naman. I don't mind getting dirty.

I've helped a friend change a timing belt on his Ford and I've gone as far as a torque converter swap on my car with the help of a friend. Pero I like the idea of hiring a Toyota mechanic to come to Coron for anything I'm not willing to tackle. Baka mas mura yon kaysa mag ferry ako to Manila or Puerto Princesa. I think ang roro between Manila and Coron nasa P12,000-15,000 each way.
    If you know the basics and are easy with changing pads, filters, suspension parts, clutches, then you'll be okay. I'm sure you might also find a mechanic in the area who can help you out for the heavy work. Your main concern may be the fuel system and turbo so take good care of them. Try to do the necessary safeguards some peeps do like replacing fuel filters or installing a better filtration system (you'll find good reference on the oil/fuel discussion threads), installing an oil catch can on the PCV, blocking the EGR, and maybe even installing a turbo timer if you will have different people driving or you're lazy or forget to cool down the turbo before shutting off. Check mo rin kung may nag-wheel alignment sa Coron.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for all the tips guys!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You can easily order your parts in Puerto Princesa City. Or ship them via LBC if you buy in Banawe. It would be financially difficult to drive your truck to the main island for PMS or every 6 mos. You might want to consider having it serviced in a local mechanic in the area.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You can easily order your parts in Puerto Princesa City. Or ship them via LBC if you buy in Banawe. It would be financially difficult to drive your truck to the main island for PMS or every 6 mos. You might want to consider having it serviced in a local mechanic in the area.
    iam3739.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123