New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    he he nope hindi kami kumabit noon, honestly we dont recommend putting sand bags for daily driving, me I just put 1 30kilo sand bag when going out of town like to Dumaguete or DS benedicto to put weight sa rear for better rear tire traction in the curves, Memphs I think you know which part I mean. but he used old inner tubes ng truck in the picture. will take a picture of my sandbag na pinagawa ko using canvass.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey!! its a truck!! what do you expect??
    With the advent of the Dmax and Strada, standards and expectations have been raised.

The ride of the Hilux is circa 1986.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    With the advent of the Dmax and Strada, standards and expectations have been raised.

The ride of the Hilux is circa 1986.
    My thoughts exactly.

Orido,

Also consider the safety features that these rigs offer. Having ABS is a big +

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    well actually the price of the dmax 4x2 is very compelling indeed!! at 935K pero d ko tlaga feel ung diesel ng isuzu eh!! no offense to dmax owners.. and as far as the strada.. the bed is the smallest and the GLS model although the only 4x4 in the sub 1M category is to minimalist to me..so is the Dmax... if think of it the Hilux 2.7 G have the same specs as in the higher andmore pricier 4x4 siblings but of course the only diff is the drivetrain.. that to me is important!!.. and in the case of it lacking ABS and EBD well all through my life Ive been driving cars without Abs.. its nver been a problem with me.. and the most important thing is its a toyota the proven reliability and availablity of parts is very easy!!.. its all hanging until the launching of the ranger!.. tyka Ive scheduled a test drive of the dmax nxt sat!! try ko rin ung new ranger!! pra back to back comparison!! I can sched a test sbi ng ford bsta at least nag pa sked kna 1 day before the test!! den post ko kgad!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir ARB cno nag kbit nun!! mukhang kelangan ko tlaga nun!!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Orido View Post
    and the most important thing is its a toyota the proven reliability and availablity of parts is very easy!!.. its all hanging until the launching of the ranger!.. t

sa pick-up dept. lampaso ang Toyota sa previous models ng Strada, Frontier, Ranger. every wonder na wala ka gano makita previous model hilux sa kalsada, that's bec. wala sya sa top 3 choices ng pickup before the new hilux got introduced. talo pa nga ata ng fuego yan previous hilux.

with the new one, timing lang na nauna sya mag-introduce ng new generation body pickup kaya para nasa expert dept. sya ng pickup. it's kinda expected kasi hindi nga makaporma yan circa 1999-2002.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    its because the previous generation hi-lux was pricier than the others. but it is still one of the most reliable of the old gen pick-ups. sa province the fuego and hi-lux lords it over the strada frontier and ranger, the ranger was then the lowest priced so dami rin bumili, dami rin sirain.

orido, you can make one yourself of those sand bags

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    he he nope hindi kami kumabit noon, honestly we dont recommend putting sand bags for daily driving, me I just put 1 30kilo sand bag when going out of town like to Dumaguete or DS benedicto to put weight sa rear for better rear tire traction in the curves, Memphs I think you know which part I mean..
    Yup. I also do not recommend putting on nearly 100lbs of anything in the bed for daily driving; only for specific trips lang siguro that's fine. Palagay na natin ok lang ang mileage but I'm pretty sure that the handling will be affected. I felt this difference when we were hauling some sacks of sand and cement, I felt some increased body roll.

Kaya nga I'm taking na the advice of ARB, slap on a set of Old Man EMU!

See you soon ARB!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malapit na rin ako masales talk ni ARB sa OME products na yan. Im doing some saving na for those. hehe.

Orido,
    Just because you survived without ABS and Airbas before does not mean that you should take it out of your list. Besides, sa price range na yan, dun ka na sa mas kumpleto. Halos lahat ng car manufacturers ngayon priority ang safety, why would you not want one diba? Why would you make safety a matter of choice?

Oh and for the surviving part. You'll never know when you will need ABS and Dual Airbags...believe me (knock on wood).

And don't ever believe in those reliability issues. Halos lahat naman yan reliable. And halos lahat din may kanya kanyang shortcomings. I mean a Dmax owner will say that the Dmax is reliable, a Strada, Ranger and Frontier will also say the same. Its really a matter of your personal preference. I'm just saying that you consider everything.

Kung naliliitan ka sa bed ng Strada, wait for the Ranger. At least it will have ABS and other safety features.

Oh one more thing, the Hi-lux 2.7G is cheaper because its not a Diesel.

Happy hunting!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Orido,

Having ABS and Airbags should be an important consideration especially in your case because you want the swiftness of a gas engine suggesting you love spirited drives.

In any case, extra safety features on a car is always priceless.

I waited 6 months for Isuzu to revive selling the Dmax LS variant because, although the LX was cheaper, the safety features were well worth the wait.

6 months.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Hilux 2.7 vvti G