New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Went to toyota today.. and ask for a test drive.. they said ok and scheduled me next saturday.. but they told me that they only allow it inside their parking lot... also went to Ford and they told me that they will be launching the new ranger at Nov 6 and they told me to come back nov 7 and they will try to schedule me a test drive.. but they wont tell me the price.. would anyone care to know how much they will cost when they are out??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paano mo mararamdaman yung ride kung sa parking lot? Kahit L300 FB makinis ang ride sa parking lot, hello? Tell them straight to their face that you are not buying anything without a proper test drive. That should get them off their fat a$$es.

Rangers are usually priced below the Hilux. If they do go higher, I doubt it will be by a significant margin.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, ask for a test-drive out on city streets. You definitely need to know.

Or join a tsikot EB and find an owner who's willing...

The Ranger... we won't know till November, at the launch. A clubmate who went says that it's the most powerful, best handling and most imposing pickup there is... but he may be biased, he owns a ranger...

The harsh ride is really a matter of taste. Like I've said, from the driver's seat, it's not so bad if you're used to trucks. In fact, it doesn't have excessive body motion like some other trucks do... thus, matigas, pero di nakakasuka... but the ride definitely is stiff... it's as if you're riding on 20" rims! (I've had 17" rims on three different cars, and the feeling is similar).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    funny most posters here are complaining of the hi-luxs' ride, I have driven, and tested 10 units or so and I find the ride better than other pick-ups.

Oh I forgot the units I were testing all have OME shocks on all fours and front coils and 2 have OME rear leafs. test driven them after an install to check for any loose nuts. I have never driven them in stock form.
    Last edited by ARB; October 29th, 2006 at 08:13 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Oo nga sir Otep eh!! npa isip me nung cnabi nla skin un.. Sna nga below the prices of the Hilux ung price ng new Ranger nag hi2ntay din me ng release nila nun.. bgo me mag decide.. And I wont go the 20" rims band wagon!! Its a complete waste of a truck!!! tyka wa sa budget eh!! hehehe!! ung pick up bed muna ang u2nahin ko!!
    sir ARB can you please enlighten me on the ride of the Hilux based on your experience?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mga sir ask ko lang.. Tma ba ung mag lagay k ng 1 sakong buhangin sa likod ng pick up bed pra mging comfy daw ung ride.. Heard it from a friend of my father eh.. he owns a D max.. and at first he is complaining about its ride, mxado daw matag2 so he put a sack of sand in its bed to make it ride better!! and it works daw!! is it a good remedy for the Hilux ride complaints?? for me ok lang to kc I have a Punching bag here at Home that I can put in the bed whenever it is empty!! Tipid pa db?!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think sa nga Dmax owners dito si x_jason_x ang ginawa yan. The ride improved but good for him he has a roll-up bed cover to hide the sack.

I think this will also affect fuel consumption so...set aside ka nalang ng budget for the aftermarket shocks .

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^^Any object with a significant weight placed on the bed will surely help reduce the bumpiness as compared to an empty bed. :D But it will affect the fuel economy is some way. The lighter the vehicle, the better for its fuel economy.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanks sir memphis.. but I will put it under consideration nrin.. wa budget for a new set of shocks for the mean time.. tyka I'll decide after the road test if ever I'll be needing a new set of shocks.. so my initial plan is to invest for the bed muna.. a bed liner, roll bar, tyka roll up na cover.. tyka all weather fog lights..

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow! You really have it all mapped out hehe.

Those are really neat accessories. Another advice rin about your bed liner. Consider also spraying your bed first with a spray-on liner before you put on the plastic bed liner itself to prevent corrosion build-up.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Hilux 2.7 vvti G