New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    patulong naman sa mga hilux owners! i want to buy a hilux 2.4L 97 model with 2L II engine.. is there any problems with these engine? may mga naririnig ksi ako n mejo sirain daw ang cylinder heads nitong ganitong engine?? can you please help me give any info regarding these? thanks in advance!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What will destroy a cylinder head:
    - Poor oil maintenance
    - Naputulan ng timing belt
    - Serious overheating

As long as the engine is properly maintained (regular change oil and filters), the timing belts are changed as prescribed, and the cooling system is kept in check then it should not be a problem. My friend's Hiace which has the same 2.4L engine has already clocked over 200,000kms with no major breakdowns outside of the normal wear and tear.

When you decide to buy the unit, best to have the engine compression tested and give it a general service (Change the timing belts, tensioners, all the fluids, filters, etc.).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    thanks sir! i really appreciate your comment...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    That engine is very reliable. Thirfty as well. Alaga lang sa change oil at lagi mo lang check cooling system mo (radiator, hoses and clamps and rad cap) and it will serve you well. We have a hilux 2002 4x2 model, nasa 250K kms na odo, never pa binuksan makina.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What will destroy a cylinder head:
    - Serious overheating
    Usually eto kadalasan nagiging cause ng pag ka sira ng cylinder head, pero hindi sirain kung hindi naman mag overheat hindi basta masira, mahal pa naman ng cylinder head ng 2L kaya iwas talaga overheat

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Tsikot tsips!
    Umilaw sabay sabay ang batt, filter at tbelt. Ano kaya ang dahilan? Alternator belt is ok, opened the diesel pump and bled, ganun pa rin. Engine is 2L fitted on a revo, changed tbelt thrice, odometer is at 240k.

TIA mga gurus!

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

hilux 2.4L diesel engine