New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i suppose so. as long as it fits the space provided.
    an insider once remarked, the reason they manufacture plastic-tubbed radiators, is because they are cheaper to manufacture than metal-tubbed ones.

if cost is no object, i would do the same.
    heh heh.
    advantage of plastic is they are lighter usually cheaper and don't rust. However they do get brittle with time and heat.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    advantage of plastic is they are lighter usually cheaper and don't rust. However they do get brittle with time and heat.
    meron na akong nabili Tongshi ang brand for Hiace Super Grandia AT. Php6500.00 plastic cover aluminum rows nya...

hiace grandia tongshi radiator - Google Search
    Last edited by acenie; January 11th, 2019 at 03:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie View Post
    meron na akong nabili Tongshi ang brand for Hiace Super Grandia AT. Php6500.00 plastic cover aluminum rows nya...

hiace grandia tongshi radiator - Google Search
    distilled water ka muna bro, observe mo muna kung nagbabawas pa bago ka mag long life coolant.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    distilled water ka muna bro, observe mo muna kung nagbabawas pa bago ka mag long life coolant.

Ok lang ba yung nakuha ko sir china...

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie View Post
    Ok lang ba yung nakuha ko sir china...
    i got the ADR brand, taiwan daw ito eh. OK naman so far, plastic top din tapos dual core (2 rows) so medyo matagal makuha ang operating temp.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017

Why I haven't thought of this when I replaced mine? Good thing that there's no leak.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Why I haven't thought of this when I replaced mine? Good thing that there's no leak.
    i would have put in the appropriate coolant.
    the chances for factory defect are small.
    and even if there were, collecting the coolant as it is drained, into a bucket, isn't a big deal. i do it even if the coolant were plain water, anyway. hassle mag-baha sa garahe.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    di ka pa kasi natyambahan ng tinatawag bro na backjob hehehe
    almost 800 php din ang 4 liters ng toyota long life coolant, sayang naman

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i would have put in the appropriate coolant.
    the chances for factory defect are small.
    and even if there were, collecting the coolant as it is drained, into a bucket, isn't a big deal. i do it even if the coolant were plain water, anyway. hassle mag-baha sa garahe.
    To justify this, it will be easier to see if there's any leak because of the color.

I remember the guy who collected the coolant in a pail, he inadvertently put his oily tools in it. He was cursing as he realized it.

I immediately reassured him and smiled while saying that I wanted to replace it so no harm done.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    di ka pa kasi natyambahan ng tinatawag bro na backjob hehehe
    almost 800 php din ang 4 liters ng toyota long life coolant, sayang naman
    Now that you mentioned it, I realized that I never had a back job. I mean, not that kind of repair that needs immediate attention.

For example, the accredited shop of CGIC (which is Kia Pampanga) wasn't able to put back two plastic locks of the mud guards and the plastic trim below it is not properly installed. I'm just "waiting" for my odometer to reach 30,000 km and I'll have them install it properly.

I could have done it but...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123