New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi! Need help with my 98 Camry. One of my high tension wires, particularly for piston #1, is about to die any time soon. I need to change it asap. I have found a replacement set in Cruiser in Sucat for only P1k but the igniter tip would not clip or lock on to the ignition coil. The cheapest original I found was going for P3.8K but is out of my budget.

I noticed that several auto supplies sell thicker high tension wires in blue, red or yellow for only P850. I do not mind using any of these except that I cannot find any for a camry. I heard that Mallory custom makes high tension wires? Are they cheap? Where can i get them?

I am not looking for any performance or power gains, it is a plus, but my main priority is just to make my car run smooth and save on gas.

My last resort alternative would be a surplus for a toyota corona at Evangelistsa but it is not really an exact fit as the igniter tips of the corona are elbow types while the camry is straight. Can you recommend any surplus shops in Banaue or evangelista that may have them?

Could you please help me out? If you can suggest a brand, where to buy them, and contact details of the shop, I would surely appreciate it.

Hope to hear from you. Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    sir try nyo kontakin yung seller dito kung available pa, 2nd hand lang yata..

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...h+tension+wire

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MALLORY, ACCEL ,SPLITFIRE, TAYLOR NGK HIGH TENSION WIRE are the best choice of sparkplug wire set . Last time i ask about the price of NGK BLUE SILICONE High tension wire cost around 5,500 pesos.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Besman auto supply in marulas valenzuela says to carry "all" spare parts available for toyota... even seen a customer bought a whole trunk lid(trunk door?) for a corolla taxi. which is not very common for me kapitbahay lang kase ng asawa ko yung may-ari eh. try mo na lang sir.

or settle on oem counterparts for your camry like NGK etc. just find the right replacement part.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing beats the OEM wires unless you're running serious ignition and power upgrades. You have to change all as a set as these deteriorate more or less evenly and if you're keeping the car for a long time then get a brand new OEM set from Toyota (try checking out NGK or Toyorama in Banawe).

You can also look at the Bosch and NGK brands.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I bought mine (original) sa Aerodynamic(s) -- forgot kung may 's' sa dulo. It's for a Corolla. Meron din silang replacement. The shop's in Manila, on Masangkay street (yata), between Recto and Soler. That's where I usually buy my car parts and so far wala akong reklamo. Although I must admit that I don't know if the high tension wire you need is similar to the high tension wire that I bought (the ones connected to the spark plugs yata, sorry di ako maalam sa kotse).

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks guys. will check it out.

Help! Where can i buy high tension wires?