New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Thanks. Yes that's why I am so grateful to Toyota. Even their CSR is so nice. They would call me every step of the way on the progress. Pero nung Jan I questioned na bakit inabot na ng 2019 so they said they ordered the part na kahit di pa approved. They estimated kasi warranty appeals usually take 3 mos e mine inabot na ng 8 mos.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Ah, so part of the moral of this story also is that perseverance pays off. To the tune of P24k. Good job pa rin!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when car door locks don't lock...
    "obviously, you don't have children."
    also, there's the "bukas kotse gang", when car is caught in traffic, and even when it is moving.
    heh heh.
    It's only the auto lock that is sira. You can still manually close and open. People survived with manual locking until the 80s or with the innova J until late 2010s.

The point is locks have nothing to do with safety in its crucial parts. Hindi naman yan engine, braking or electrical. Maraming kotse na walang auto lock. Child lock still works as well. Hassle lang na when you use the auto lock hindi gumagana.

I'm disappointed that people can't even appreciate the good will of Toyota.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It's goodwill.

How can door locks be a safety issue Hindi naman yan brakes or steering or whatever.

safety issue yan. if you get into an accident, and the door lock mechanism doesnt open and youre stuck inside. thats a safety issue.

another example.. "safety"

Mercedes-Benz Recalls 8,7 Vehicles for Door Locks - Safety - Automotive Fleet

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Ah, so part of the moral of this story also is that perseverance pays off.
    They were the ones updating me nga e. I'm glad people here advised me to email Toyota and ask. It was a long shot but it worked And my SA was supportive all the way

Mabait talaga sila. Dati nag reklamo ako na gumalasgas car ko pag balik sakin and they buffed it for free. Nasilip ko sa computer nakalagay "maselan ang customer" I guess naka flag na ko sa system as such lol

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    safety issue yan. if you get into an accident, and the door lock mechanism doesnt open and youre stuck inside. thats a safety issue.

another example.. "safety"

[url=https://www.automotive-fleet.com/143716/mercedes-benz-recalls-8-700-vehicles-for-door-locks]Mercedes-Benz Recalls 8,7 Vehicles for Door Locks - Safety - Automotive Fleet[l]
    I repeat. It opens and closes MANUALLY. And both my left side doors are working.

May mga tao talaga parating yung negative ang nakikita.

Last edited by _Cathy_; February 24th, 2019 at 02:09 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    its not 100%, if the toyota dealer doesnt fix that and you get into an accident and for some reason you cant open that door. thats a lawsuit that toyota isnt willing to be a part of.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    its not 100%, if the toyota dealer doesnt fix that and you get into an accident and for some reason you cant open that door. thats a lawsuit that toyota isnt willing to be a part of.
    Really? Lemon law nga hindi ma reinforce sa Pilipinas. This is not America na uubra yang lawsuit lawsuit na yan. HAHAHA.

Can't you understand? It works perfectly manually. Paikot ikot lang tayo because you always have to insist that you are right.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thank you Woof for appreciating the goodwill of Toyota

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    It happened on my Honda Fit. Suddenly, central locking no longer works, which means I cannot open the gas door for refuel. I purchase those after-market wireless central locking for 2k. Downside is I can only lock/unlock the car using the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kitoymonster View Post
    It happened on my Honda Fit. Suddenly, central locking no longer works, which means I cannot open the gas door for refuel. I purchase those after-market wireless central locking for 2k. Downside is I can only lock/unlock the car using the remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    why not an honest-to-goodness fix?
    it could be something as simple as electrical wiring restoration...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast