New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If you had your battery checked and turned out its still got enough juice, its probably worth a try that you bring your car to a competent shop. Dismantle your door trim panels,clean the electrical connections of your door actuator (with electronic contact cleaner), check their electrical integrity (resistance, contact, etc) then put them back but seal the connections with dielectric grease. Check also the electrical connections of your of your central lock switch. Sometimes, electrical motors that are rarely used are the ones that will have problems like corroded contact points and seized up armatures, especially so we are in a humid environment. Just curious too if your garage is always moist? If after doing this remedy and your actuator still doesn't work, you have no choice but to replace them

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    If you had your battery checked and turned out its still got enough juice, its probably worth a try that you bring your car to a competent shop. Dismantle your door trim panels,clean the electrical connections of your door actuator (with electronic contact cleaner), check their electrical integrity (resistance, contact, etc) then put them back but seal the connections with dielectric grease. Check also the electrical connections of your of your central lock switch. Sometimes, electrical motors that are rarely used are the ones that will have problems like corroded contact points and seized up armatures, especially so we are in a humid environment. Just curious too if your garage is always moist? If after doing this remedy and your actuator still doesn't work, you have no choice but to replace them
    That's what my good friend told me also. He said I can bring it sa Ginza in Banawe. That's where I used to go for my car stereo e. But my issue is if it's broken, where to get the parts

If I replace the actuator that is PER DOOR? or that is a set. I don't wanna spend 10k for door locks

And BTW my other Corolla is having locking problems too. The universe is playing tricks on me. What are the odds???

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    That's what my good friend told me also. He said I can bring it sa Ginza in Banawe. That's where I used to go for my car stereo e. But my issue is if it's broken, where to get the parts

If I replace the actuator that is PER DOOR? or that is a set. I don't wanna spend 10k for door locks

And BTW my other Corolla is having locking problems too. The universe is playing tricks on me. What are the odds???
    in the old altis, the actuator is a small electric motor.
    in the new altis, i am not sure if it still is an electric motor, or a solenoid.

at any rate, the banawe guys should be able to say, without opening your door yet, if spare parts (brand new or surplus) are available.
    while casas may sell by assembly, banawe will sell by piece, if such is available.

but if you are supremely lucky, all that will happen is that they will find a small piece has detached from its position, and that putting it back in the correct position, solves your problems.

punta na, madam.you are only prolonging your agony.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 5th, 2018 at 01:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    But where in Banawe do I go? Are the shops usually open on a Sunday? It's traffic hell for me to travel there on a weekday

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    But where in Banawe do I go? Are the shops usually open on a Sunday? It's traffic hell for me to travel there on a weekday
    some stores are closed on sundays and holidays. so if they happen to be the only ones holding the parts in question....
    better to go early saturday. 8 am, to be reasonably assured of a parking space. "huwag magpa-gawa sa walang paradahan." we don't know how long we're going to stay.
    ask your suking stereo store, for a recommendation. they know each other there.

i do not want to recommend the nearer evangelista. "walang paradahan", among other things.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 5th, 2018 at 02:20 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some stores are closed on sundays and holidays. so if they happen to be the only ones holding the parts in question....
    better to go early saturday. 8 am, to be reasonably assured of a parking space. "huwag magpa-gawa sa walang paradahan." we don't know how long we're going to stay.
    ask your suking stereo store, for a recommendation. they know each other there.

i do not want to recommend the nearer evangelista. "walang paradahan", among other things.
    I am incapable of waking up early. I'm thinking of just having someone bring my car to Banawe but I want to be there to make the decision. Also I have no idea how much it would cost.

What a nightmare for a car with 25k mileage!!!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    in the old altis, the actuator is a small electric motor.
    in the new altis, i am not sure if it still is an electric motor, or a solenoid.
    2 doors kasi ang sira e.

that is located on each door?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I am incapable of waking up early. I'm thinking of just having someone bring my car to Banawe but I want to be there to make the decision. Also I have no idea how much it would cost.

What a nightmare for a car with 25k mileage!!!
    unless mekanika yung girl, ask a guy to bring the car there.
    ask him to call you up when it's time to decide.... "cath, 1K if surplus, 2K if brand new china.. 5K if brand new oem... for each door."

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    unless mekanika yung girl, ask a guy to bring the car there.
    ask him to call you up when it's time to decide.... "cath, 1K if surplus, 2K if brand new china.. 5K if brand new oem... for each door."
    Usually kasi I only let him bring my car for PMS but never for repairs. Na trauma ako sa Banawe nung kinuyog car ko before, ang bibilis ng kamay, naka nakaw kaagad ng mga screw/nut/bolt

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Usually kasi I only let him bring my car for PMS but never for repairs. Na trauma ako sa Banawe nung kinuyog car ko before, ang bibilis ng kamay, naka nakaw kaagad ng mga screw/nut/bolt
    i wish i can help.
    all i can say is, "be of sharp eye."

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast