New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Toyorama does not have I can't believe casa is charging P10k+ for just one lock. I have 2 defective locks
    Is it just the lock actuator or the entire door handle assembly? If nothing in the door handle assembly is broken and only the power lock actuator is to blame, Banawe sells generic ones for cheap. My suki in Araneta sells them for just 450 each, if I remember correctly. Already includes installation.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is it just the lock actuator or the entire door handle assembly? If nothing in the door handle assembly is broken and only the power lock actuator is to blame, Banawe sells generic ones for cheap. My suki in Araneta sells them for just 450 each, if I remember correctly. Already includes installation.

TS, dalhin mo na kotse mo dun! you may not get a better deal.

..assuming, yun nga ang sira...
    Last edited by dr. d; April 3rd, 2018 at 09:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016

Whats the name of the shop sir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ok pa voltage ng alternator and battery? meron grasa yun mechanism?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I don't know. I bought my Amaron battery in 2016 ata.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my wild guess is, the supplier sent over a bad batch of actuators, and you happen to have gotten two of them installed in your car..
    i agree, them things should last much longer than that, but "business is business".

another possibility is, they got wet, either in the rain, or during car wash.
    I hope it's just that. I am afraid kasi all the locks will be defective na. Wala pa naman susian yung Altis!!!

SA said actuator e. This is for the front passenger only. I have not brought the car back to the casa for the rear right door

Last edited by _Cathy_; April 3rd, 2018 at 10:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstealyourgirl View Post
    Whats the name of the shop sir?

I often frequent Philbest along the chain of Araneta accessories shops, between Import Elements and Araneta Car Accessories.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I often frequent Philbest along the chain of Araneta accessories shops, between Import Elements and Araneta Car Accessories.

Thank you sir HELP: Defective Locks Low Mileage 2014 Altis

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Problema if you go to the Banawe actuator route, it doesn't last long. Kase on-top/add-on lang yung actuator sa stock setup.

If driven daily (locks/unlocks daily) it would not last a year.

Minsan babaliin pa ng actuator yung lock button sa loob ng door, so di mo na talaga mabubuksan yung door if naiwan sa "locked" position sa loob. (happened to mine, had to forcefully baklas the interior while the door is closed)

Kaya mahal sa Toyota, yung parang motor na naglolock mismo yung papalitan.

If I were you ipa-Banawe mo na yan and sell the car immediately. Yan yung small quirks na nakaka-stress at nakakahiya kung may isasakay ka.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i banawe'd the altis i drive. the guy replaced my broken actuator, with a working surplus.
    after 2 years, it's still ok. daily driver.

some folks there are honest and know their stuff.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Swerte swerte din sa generic locks na yan. Some last just a year, and some last much longer. Yes its not as durable as the original factory power lock. But I don't really mind much. Mura lang naman. If any of them fails, I just go to Araneta and have them replace it again. HELP: Defective Locks Low Mileage 2014 Altis

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Can you guys give me points or reasons for my warranty appeal to Toyota?

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast