New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    You think they would have parts na for a 2014 model?

All 4 doors? Where did you have it fixed?

I don't ebay

No e because I rarely have passengers. I am also very conscious when it rains, I immediately wipe the interior dry if it gets wet.

Wow! 4th or 5th year only and you experienced defective locks already. It makes me miss having a simple car with manual locks. Not much problems. I don't e-bay and have no idea how to fix my car.
    They should. I'd expect the current model to be the easiest to source parts for within the casa. Besides, the Altis is a volume seller and Toyota has a plant in Santa Rosa. If the part is not readily available, I'd expect them to have it in 1 week at most.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    They should. I'd expect the current model to be the easiest to source parts for within the casa. Besides, the Altis is a volume seller and Toyota has a plant in Santa Rosa. If the part is not readily available, I'd expect them to have it in 1 week at most.

I meant outside the casa, if I have it done at Banawe.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I meant outside the casa, if I have it done at Banawe.
    Not so sure about that. Its a Toyota, so shops like Toyorama in the Banawe/Erod area might have parts for it. Or if not, your suki Banawe accessories shop might have dealership contacts where you can get it for cheaper.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Not so sure about that. Its a Toyota, so shops like Toyorama in the Banawe/Erod area might have parts for it. Or if not, your suki Banawe accessories shop might have dealership contacts where you can get it for cheaper.

Toyorama does not have I can't believe casa is charging P10k+ for just one lock. I have 2 defective locks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    One thing you can do is look for your car model code in Wikipedia then ask a relative in the US to send you the part. If you can get the part number, even better.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    One thing you can do is look for your car model code in Wikipedia then ask a relative in the US to send you one.
    It's not an option for me. I don't have a relative that is car saavy. Also, nobody is going home soon. I don't even know what is really the problem since the issue is getting worse (front passenger door in January then rear right passenger door in April)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you have faith in your fellowman, bring it to banawe.
    "how much worse can it get?"
    10K for a lock...
    the 2003 altis i drive busted its door lock actuator. banawe fixed it for less than 2K, using surplus, in less than 30 minutes.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you have faith in your fellowman, bring it to banawe.
    "how much worse can it get?"
    10K for a lock...
    the 2003 altis i drive busted its door lock actuator. banawe fixed it for less than 2K, using surplus, in less than 30 minutes.
    pero bakit naghahawa hawa?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ok pa voltage ng alternator and battery? meron grasa yun mechanism?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pero bakit naghahawa hawa?
    my wild guess is, the supplier sent over a bad batch of actuators, and you happen to have gotten two of them installed in your car..
    i agree, them things should last much longer than that, but "business is business".

another possibility is, they got wet, either in the rain, or during car wash.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast