New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir Toyota headlight wiring harness uses a different kind of system comapred to most cars. Toyota cars when fitted with aftermarket wiring harness will double engage, meaning the low beams will be on when you change to high beams.

One remedy is to add another relay which is a different type, some call it 87A or normally open relay. You have to have an electrician add this relay. Or there is a Narva wiring harness specifically designed for Toyota vehicles. it has an additional small black box which gets rid of this problem.

Another problem with toyota is the high beam indicator doesnt light up when installed with a harness.

HTH.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir Toyota headlight wiring harness uses a different kind of system comapred to most cars. Toyota cars when fitted with aftermarket wiring harness will double engage, meaning the low beams will be on when you change to high beams.

One remedy is to add another relay which is a different type, some call it 87A or normally open relay. You have to have an electrician add this relay. Or there is a Narva wiring harness specifically designed for Toyota vehicles. it has an additional small black box which gets rid of this problem.

Another problem with toyota is the high beam indicator doesnt light up when installed with a harness.

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post

HTH.
    my points exactly, it's toyota's failsafe, no actual bulbs hooked/sensed, no hi-beam dash indicator.

a cheap remedy would be hooking a cheap peanut bulb in your low beam. that will do the trick, making the system think normaly.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kaya naman pala ... it has a sensor for busted headlamp bulbs. Go for the peanut bulbs as per rion's advice. If they draw enough current to be "seen" by the sensor, it's a cheaper fix than an additional relay or another wiring kit.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    does your highbeam indicator in your dashboard lits up as it should be, when you are on high beam? did you add relays?

no sir.. the indicators light became blurr.. hmm... i can say that its low on power?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir's thankyou.. sir how do i attach a peanut bulb?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    will try to do my best in my level of communication skill.

but before we proceed, 3 questions must be answered with yes.

no sir.. the indicators light became blurr.. hmm... i can say that its low on power?
    1. meaning, before the harness installation, the indicator light is NOT blurr right?
    2. your headlights are H4
    3. you are aware of short circuit and the car's body is GROUND. any open wire (positive) touching your car's body will result in smoke and possible fire.

Steps:

1. Hook the peanut bulb in your STOCK headlight PLUG. NOT the WIRING HARNESS. (do not wound the wire yet, we need to test it first)

Toyota might use opposite polarity but it doesn't matter. standard cheap peanut 5w bulb doesn't use DC.

2. try turning on the headlights, see if the peanut bulb will run only on low beam. if it works, proceed to next step.

3. turn off the lights and wound the wire on your stock headlight lines based from where we have hooked from the plug. use electrical tape to cover it.

4. plug the harness and good luck.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    gumamit din ako nitong narva wiring sa revo namin..

naka on pa rin low-beam pag naka hi-beam.. naka osram 100/80 and so far di naman napundi after 1 year of use, yung narva 100/90 and 2 times na napundi in 8months hehe..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Tried and tested solution is to remove the Hi-beam indicator light at the instrument panel. That will do the trick.

I have tried it and tested it with after market H4 relay harness sets.

FYI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
HELP!!both high and low beams work at the same time after i instled narva hanesswire?