New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Buti napalitan yang front door mo. Ang usual SOP ay pinupokpok lang at lalo na yang Fortuner kasi medyo limited yung parts nyan. There's Fortuner owner here in this forum who had to make do with a "reformed" rear bumper, after there's no replacement bumper available.
    OMG, I hope hindi lang pinukpok 'yung door ni Mama. I'm pretty sure it was 'supposedly' replaced. Anyway, ang estimate lang ng overall damage was about 40k+. It was way lower than what we expected.

To those still waiting for their Fortuner. I wish you all of the patience in this world and more. Harhar.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebony
    OMG, I hope hindi lang pinukpok 'yung door ni Mama. I'm pretty sure it was 'supposedly' replaced. Anyway, ang estimate lang ng overall damage was about 40k+. It was way lower than what we expected.

To those still waiting for their Fortuner. I wish you all of the patience in this world and more. Harhar.

One way of telling if they completely replaced the door unit or just "reformed" with generous amounts of body filler/ putty / bondo, is by getting a refrigerator magnet (preferrably the soft and bendable type - as not to scratch the car's surface ) and place it over the "repaired" (formerly damaged) area. If the magnet clings (has good adhesion) well onto the area (car surface) then they didnt use any body filler. But if the magnet partially clings on or cannot seem to cling completely onto the surface, then expect that area to have been filled with body filler/ putty / bondo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Okay, thank you!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe.
    haba pa din pala pila dito.
    hehehe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Fortuner Waiting List/Time?