New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    go for the sta fe....am very happy with it...just drove it to baguio last weekend...definitely my best drive to baguio so far...hit 160 on the nlex...had to let of gas caused it felt like it wanted to go 200!!! on the uphill climb...the tiptronic trany was great....felt i had full control of the shifting...and i still could overtake with ease during uphill....

consumed less than 3/4 of my tank for the whole trip...per my computation...i did around 10/ltr...good enough considering i was flooring the gas during most of the trip...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow! sarap ng Santa Fe ah big diff from the previous gen.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    But if I were you - I'd wait for the entry-level 7-seat SUVs that'll be developed from the Ranger & Strada platforms.
    Yes the new Strada based 7-seat SUV with Common Rail Diesel minus the "D4D woes" and the "tagtag" suspension and priced competitively w/ the Fortuner looks like a real winner. Does anyone have advanced info if Mitsubishi will be coming up with new models based out of the new Strada platform ? All I know is the Zinger and possibly the 2008 all new Outlander.

The 2008 Everest's DuraTORQ engine looks promising too but I hope it's body styling will not be based on the 2008 Ranger.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My first post! Have learned so much already fromthis site!

Yup, heard from lots of friends with VVTi Fortuners that malakas talaga sa gas! It was one of my first purchase choices along with the D4D 2.5liter variant. However, sobra hina makina ng 2.5 D4D and sobra mahal ang 3.0 D4D Fortuner! Plus there have been "reported problems" relating to the D4Ds recently.

Took the plunge for a new Strada GLS AT which I will take delivery of this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed that I made the right decision based on test drive at the Fort last month and a little research.

Nice to be on board !

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RPG View Post
    Does anyone have advanced info if Mitsubishi will be coming up with new models based out of the new Strada platform ? All I know is the Zinger and possibly the 2008 all new Outlander.
    The Outlander shares its platform with the upcoming 2008 Lancer. See September '06 of Car and Driver, page 65.

Thus, the 2007 Outlander enters the burgeoning crossover-SUV market on a mission. Like virtually every second-generation vehicle (the first Outlander debuted in 2002), this one has grown, being more of a mid-size SUV than a compact one, with available seating for seven. Although it’s based on the upcoming 2008 Lancer’s compact platform, the use of large wheels and tires—most models have 18-inchers—helps belie its econocar roots.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    that's somethin' to look forward too, strada suv. with the new everest, wag na lang. parang pareho lang eh.

if sta. fe vs. fortuner in terms of convenience, mas ok ang sta. fe first row and 2nd row. car-like position and comfort. the 2nd row of the santa fe is even more comfortable than the 2nd-row of my dad's Explorer EB.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new Everest won't look much newer... but there are hopes that the ride quality will rival the upcoming Strada-based SUV.

Really think Ford shot themselves in the foot with the styling... sayang. Am looking forward to the test drive... kung maganda, baka bagong Everest nalang kukunin ng Mom ko. I'm the one advising her... she has her own driver and "slave" (my brother) now that I'm married, but if she buys a new car, I want to make sure it's something I won't hate driving.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    fortuner vvti owner here. so far no regrets whatsoever. not to mention the porma factor it gives. last time i went home coming from baguio, less than 3 hours lang at a (almost) constant speed of 80-120 kph. it was a Good friday by the way. No qualms about the engine. okay sya. about the handling naman, it felt safe all the way.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My new spec-up Fortuner VVTi Extreme Black was just delivered yesterday. Am absolutely very happy with my purchase and so was my family and neighbors. So far with the current 7 seater SUVs being offered in our country, the Toyota Fortuner VVTi variant in my personall opinion has a well balanced performance and returns the best value for my money.

Will re-evaluate when the next killer 7 seater SUV finally comes to our shores...

Thanks for all who shared their own personal views to this thread.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats on your new purchase, RPG! Enjoy!

Do update us on your personal evaluation and experiences on your new Fort.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Fortuner VVTi woes ?