335Nm Torque
    Leather seats interior trims (standard)
    Leather Steering wheel
    Very nice Ride, Autolevelling Hydraulic Shocks
    Projector Lights
    Very good fuel mileage

5-Star Crash Tests (US NHTSA) and IIHS-HLDI
    Mp3/HighMAT/AAC/WAV DIN2 Audio system
    Last edited by Horsepower; November 8th, 2006 at 06:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is the Santa Fe's cabin almost or as spacious as the Fortuner's? I've been in both, but they were months apart, so I can't remember anymore.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Front row and middle row seats are good, but both cars have really small third row seats.

Me too, it's been a while since I rode the Fortuner, so I can't decide whether it has better or worse third-row legroom than the Santa Fe, but I think the Fortuner might have the edge in third-row headroom.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Is the Santa Fe's cabin almost or as spacious as the Fortuner's? I've been in both, but they were months apart, so I can't remember anymore.
    fortuner is longer, has a bit more space after the 3rd row seat. but sante fe is wider...i beleive.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    2.7 VVTi owner here. My odo has 6k on it. So far, very much satisfied and it averages at 7.3km/li mixed traffic and a lil bit of highway driving.

I got my Fortuner other than any vehicle cause Im comfortable with it and not what other people think about it or have to say about it. What if other vehicles like CRV, Pajero, Sta Fe etc is 100% much better in other aspects than the Fortuner i will still get the Fortuner.

It suits my taste! But thats just me!

VVT-i woes? Never crossed my mind... But then again... We will see... 1st Generation pa lang naman ang Fortuner.. Toyota will surely refine their products.. I hope so... But now, Im just enjoying my ride...

Goodluck to you guys on what ride will you buy soon...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would think the Fortuner has some advantage in the 3rd row headroom. i now recall having to crouch lower in the Santa Fe than in the Fortuner. but either way, it's rather cramped for someone like me (5' 6" and horizontally challenged). good for kids, or petite adults.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My major gripe with interior space on the Santa Fe (as cramped third row headroom isn't a biggie for a sedan owner like me... ) is the fact that the second row is immobile. This gives a slight advantage to the Fortuner in third row legroom.

I've found the only way to ride comfortably in the Fort's third row is to recline the seat all the way back (tada! Headroom! ) and move the second row bench forward (since the second row has tons of legroom)... it would've been nice if this feature was in the Santa Fe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Just get a SantaFe CRDI VGT 2.2L
    150Hp
    335Nm Torque
    Leather seats interior trims (standard)
    Leather Steering wheel
    Very nice Ride, Autolevelling Hydraulic Shocks
    Projector Lights
    Very good fuel mileage

5-Star Crash Tests (US NHTSA) and IIHS-HLDI
    Mp3/HighMAT/AAC/WAV DIN2 Audio system

that auto leveling suspension is so nice!

ahhhh ... i wish i had a sta fe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Before I was saying that the 2.7L VVTi version was pointless (who wouldn't after driving the brilliant 3.0L D4-D)

But after the D4D problems erupted (now also affecting some 3.0L D4-D engines), the 2.7L VVTi G variant makes a lot of sense.

If you are in the market for an entry-level 4x2 SUV with 7 seats this is already a good choice. Although if you don't need 7 seats the Sorento is the best bang for the buck SUV.

The Santa Fe is a hard sell against this since the price difference (200-300K) is just too big. Although against the 2.5L D4-D variant it is easier to justify the added price for the features that you'll get.

But if I were you - I'd wait for the entry-level 7-seat SUVs that'll be developed from the Ranger & Strada platforms.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yikes! so even the 3.0L D-4D has problems now, huh? tsk! tsk! oh well, so much for the vaunted toyota reliability. but then, you could probably call them "birth pains" since D-4D/CRDi is new for toyota. hopefully they can rectify it.

the fortuner's second row does adjust, so you could make more room for the third row inhabitants, an advantage it does possess over the santa fe. either way, personally, i'd rather use the 3rd rows on both for storage space. they give me some room for allowance in case i have to ride more than 5 persons, but then for full time people carrying, it's time for... a van ;)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Fortuner VVTi woes ?